Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead

Go down 
+2
Tom Mc
Smego
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Smego

Smego

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Empty
PostSubject: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Pick up my 04 patrol tomorow 34k full history from a main dealer.

Sorry Tomas I couldn't face a landy after all...

...and no the surf gets to stay too!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:48 am

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

I've always said ... "there's no accounting for taste". Razz

Well, to be perfectly honest, they ain't that bad. Seen them do some awesome things in Malaysia, the Aussies swear by them. With our Landies, we just swear at 'em! Laughing

That said, when you break it off-road (any motor will eventually) your wallet will notice the difference between Brit and Jap. Each to their own.
Back to top Go down
Smego

Smego

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:01 am

Well the patrol is great big and brass not great on-road but tows our new twin axle caravan (!) well!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:03 pm

Will you make it to Jap 'n' Jeep Jam at Sibbertoft 4-5 July?

Here, just thought. Now you have two Jap motors, bring 'em both. Just in case that legendry reliability deserts you, yourself and Anne-Marie can tow each other home! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:03 pm

How much of a motor does it take to tow a big box of air?????? I did consider getting a scrapped twin axle chassis to covert into a trailer but I could not find one with much more than 1,500kgs gross, so I gave up on that idea. Instead bought a purpose built Ifor, 2,500kgs gross, sorted.

I wonder how the Patrol will tow a 3,500kgs car trailer with a Patrol sat on top of it. I know it will struggle, might even be illeagle. Some Jap 4x4s have only 3,000kgs gross allowed on the hook.

LRs with linked brakes have over 4,000kgs towing capacity, 3,500kgs with over run brakes, and of course cheap as chips to repair. With plenty availability of cheap second hand spares.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:56 pm

the VX 2.5tds over any TD5 bounce bounce bounce (runs and hides) affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Crazy~Johno wrote:
the VX 2.5tds over any TD5 bounce bounce bounce (runs and hides) affraid affraid

sorry Crazy J but I've had a Frontera 2.5TDS and got the Disco TD5 at the moment and they don't even come close - Disco will win hands down anyday!!!! and 90% of the time my TD5 is on the road it's got a hefty trailer on the back - fantastic bit of kit!! cheers

D
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:24 pm

Quote :
I wonder how the Patrol will tow a 3,500kgs car trailer with a Patrol sat on top of it. I know it will struggle, might even be illeagle. Some Jap 4x4s have only 3,000kgs gross allowed on the hook.
A Patrol would pull a house down! I don't particulary like the pig iron-powered uglies myself, but they have a truck engine after all and the torque they produce is awesome.

As for "some Jap 4x4's only allowed 3,000kgs gross on the hook", surely you've got to be referring to Daihatsus or Suzukis, not a Patrol? Where is Andy (apd) when you need him, he would know.
Back to top Go down
truffles

truffles

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi there, just looked at a web site where they quoted towing capacities. Couldn't find Patrol but found Nissan Pathfinder which I think is the latest equivilent. Pathfinder, 6,000lbs, LR 7,716lbs. As it is in imperial and not Napolean as Clarkson says I would think it was an American web site. Yes come on apd put us all right.

Cheers
Whoops, Carrie's sign on should of checked LT Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:44 am

We all knew it was you Paul (LT) otherwise the text would be in blue and you'd have a pretty :flower: at the end - obvious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead   Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry Tom was gonna buy a disco but found a patrol instead
Page 1 of 1