Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landy Rally Christmas Weekend

Go down 
+10
Badger
Captain Chaos
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
andybloke
Keith Johnson
Potti
cadarn
Sylvia Johnson
Crazy~Johno
Tom Mc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Quote :
Is the laning route planned yet?

of course!!
wouldn't have it any other way Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:56 pm

andybloke wrote:
Naturally, let cunning plan commence. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Quote :
Snow showers will become heavy at times and lead to some significant accumulations during Thursday evening and overnight into Friday morning. Snow accumulations of 5cm are expected and locally up to 10cm over hills.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1724 Thu 17 Dec

yay, yay,
im going to be driving 30 miles with a 90 rear body tub on my roof rack on snowy roads haha
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:21 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
andybloke wrote:
Naturally, let cunning plan commence. Smile

Don't leave the best bits until last - I need to be back up norf by 1800h Smile

Other than beer tokens, Red, pants, Tom's birthday prezzie and Kieran's hair straighteners, am I supposed to be bringing anything with me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Yes Orange clothing you need to stand out in the snow !

Tom don't forget the plaques for the rocks from this years Landy Rally !
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Sense of humour would be good, you haven't seen your present yet.

O goody, you bought me a pressie. How could you possibly have known? Unless of course I might have indirectly mentioned it somewhere along the way. scratch
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:44 am

Hrmph...
Looks like I might be down in the van - Red's got dodgy wheel bearings and I don't think I've got spares...
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:05 am

Burger! Never mind, there will be plenty of options for jumping in with someone else.

Just phoned the Travelodge to see if Jaap & Henk have arrived. NO! Strange as they were supposed to be getting the ferry this morning, but that was before Kent had a white out! No problem, they still have 15+ hours to get to Leicestershire - could be an interesting night for them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:24 pm

Call off search & rescue, they're here! cheers

Seeing as though they are around, we're off to do a spot of night lanin'. Should prove interesting, especially if the snow closes in. See the rest of you tomorrow. TTFN.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:07 am

That was a jolly good weekend!

Thanks to Tom for organising, and Kieran for navigating the greenwhite lane trip.

Something's stopped working on Reds steering - either the PAS is playing up or something's sticking or frozen... Rather tricky turning corners.
Lu and Tweedie just called - they are stuck at a pub waiting for the AA - no headlights.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Johnsons x 3 are all home after a really good weekend !
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:24 am

Opps! Well, somebody has to go back on a low-loader, it's the Randy Lally way! That and the fact it saves a few bob on diesel. Like the way you managed to limp to a pub before finally phoning. Handy or wot? cheers

Yep, great weekend. Two days of sunshine, snow on the ground. Brill! The night white-lanin' Friday was interesting ... and I have to say magical; a first for me. Thanks to Kieran and James for that one - and a general thanks to everyone who turned up.

Rob the site owner at Sibbertoft was most impressed with the turnout Saturday, especially given how close it was to Christmas. Best ever for that time of year, so an 'official pat on the back to one and all'.

The meal was fun too - and tasty. The shrill voice afterwards of the mad Irish woman was something I could have done without, but hey, it's all part of life's rich tapestry. Would have liked to wrap her in a tapestry and dangle her out of the window by her feet - or even better - her tongue!

Lanin' Sunday was a bit tame compared to the previous day, but it was pretty and extremely good for us as we couldn't break anything else!!! The snow did make it a lot more special. As I've just said on a 4x4 forum ... it was like "driving driving in a winter wonderland". Yuk, pass the bucket!

I wonder if the Dutchies got back? The Channel probably froze overnight, making their epic even more interesting. A long journey too for Jay and Jo the Potti one (Team DieselHead) from Dorset. Trust you made it back okay too???

Rangie can stay dirty for a while yet. If you think that I'm going anywhere near a power wash, you've got another thing coming! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! No
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Fantastic weekend, really enjoyed it, even the nose dive into the puddle, i have one less mud flap and a dent on the back near side corner to get hammered out and repainted after christmas Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but everything else will wash off Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (when i want to wash it off that is) cheers Thanks Tom
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Was a wonderfull weekend. We both ejoyed every bit of it ( even the Irish yelling) It was indeed very nice driving through the white country.
As you know by now, we've made it home. Left about 7, made it to Dover without delay. Ferry however gave us a delay of 3 hours. At the other side of the Channel there was a lot of snow, about 3 till 4 inches. But the roads were clear untill we reached Holland. Our special open tarmac is very nice in rainy weather, almost no spray, but if there is snow it hardly won't go by spreading salt, as the salty melting waters disappear immediatly. Therefore the drive in Holland went a little slow, only one lane driveable. Around our houses about 4 inches of snow, great to see, but public life almost got to a hold.
my car also had some troubles, since we left Lutterworth, clutch almost didn't work, had to shift gears on rpm. no idea yet what's wrong.
Thank you all for a lot of fun
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:26 pm

great weekend, shame about pinkys squashed nose Evil or Very Mad,
glad to hear you got home safe, interesting to hear what you cope with where as the little we have some of us seem to moan scratch
L 'n' T it happens to the best of us, Laughing
i managed to squeeze pinky into a warehouse today scrapeing the roof rack to get in and look at the damage of the weekend, im suprized i made it home, a uj on the front prop was shreadded, the bolt on the tranny bx was loose and to make matters wrse the propshaft its self was seized, so i thought no problem ill just fit the onebrought from john luc... 2 inches to short - how the hell? surely a front 90 prop ae all the same size scratch
starting problems fixed, it was fun driving two wheel drive in the snow Laughing

i look forward to the next party, easter?

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Yep, May in Dutchland, get down and dirty ... but beware of those dykes!

Henk's into biking, these must be some of his friends:- http://www.dykesonbikes.org/members.php
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:33 am

Cheers Tom, we both enjoyed the weekend and as said, fabulous weather to boot!
No paintwork scratched this time Very Happy but mudded up floor and speaker covers in the doors! I kept telling Potti to wipe her feet before she gets in but she wouldn't listen. My side got muddy too and I didn't wipe my feet before getting in. Well why should I...it's MY Landy not hers! lol!

We were back in the snow again the following day as we had a flat move to do for Potti's daughter. What a bloody nightmare! We used a hire van and all went well until time to go home.
From Hemel to Bournemouth (2hr journey) took us 8 1/2 hrs!) The snow started falling hard on the M1 which made slow progress, the M25 was close to gridlock and the M3, huh....gridlocked U.S style disaster movie.
Four lanes of gridlock on a 3 lane carriageway!
We told the vehicle rental Co we'd easily be back in time to drop the keys in for their 6pm closing and so we eventually dropped the van off and keys in their letterbox at a 1/4 past midnight last night.

If the M25 is a car park then last night the M3 was Armageddon!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:11 am

Disaster indeed, you won't forget that one in a hurry. Just fortunate you had enough fuel to keep the motor running. I bet a few around you didn't. NOT GOOD. Trouble is because we have 4x4's we can still move, but every other bugger can't. Ironically, they are exactly the same buggers than moan about us driving "gas-guzzlers" - funny that!

As it happens, because of the weather forecast of snow galore, before setting out for Sibbertoft I bunged two old sleeping bags in the back just in case. No shovel of course DOH!!! but at least in an emergency we wouldn't have frozen. Seriously folks, if you run out of juice or breakdown, an old quilt or similar can be a livesaver ... quite literally.

Here endeth the Government Safety Warning.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:46 am

We tried getting up to Cumbria yesterday - Disco was fine, but the car drivers were going so slow that half an inch fell on the tarmac between one car slushing it and the next arriving. After a little over 2 hours of overtaking and dodging sliding Toyotas with nothing at all coming the other way, we turned back and were home in 20 minutes passing only 2 vehicles - a tractor and a Tesco van that we later spotted on the evening news still doing 5mph on the A65 Smile

Despite the traffic mostly doing 10mph, the body-shops all along the A65 are going to be busy for weeks unbending all the cars that litter the lampposts, walls and trees.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:00 am

Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 20122009230 (Small)

Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 20122009236 (Small)

Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 20122009241 (Small)
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:03 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Okay, we will see what my friend has to say about the 6x6. Will let you know.

Was that the "ford 6x6" with all the orange lights that didn't follow us out of Morissons car park?
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:49 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Disaster indeed, you won't forget that one in a hurry. Just fortunate you had enough fuel to keep the motor running. I bet a few around you didn't. NOT GOOD. Trouble is because we have 4x4's we can still move, but every other bugger can't. Ironically, they are exactly the same buggers than moan about us driving "gas-guzzlers" - funny that!

Erm....I was driving a 4x2 Transit LWB High Cube rental van!

It must be my vast 4x4 offroading skills I guess. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:11 pm

You know what, when I was explaining your marathon to 'er indoors I realised you said you were in a van not the Disco. Shows you how much i take in when I'm reading posts! Embarassed

Same thing applies though. I you were in a 4x4, you still wouldn't be able to move 'cause of the 4x2 around you.

Think I'll just go sit in the corner with a pointy hat with a giant D on it. Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Andybloke - didn't notice it said 6x6 on it. That was actually a Transit 4x4 converted by County Tractors (now Countytrac of Ashford, Kent) - the only company in the land to make an all-wheel-drive conversions for the Tranny. Great vehicles, a Ferguson system of what I can recall.

If if did say 6x6 on the vehicle, I suppose technically it was as all six wheels were driven.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Tom Mc wrote:

If if did say 6x6 on the vehicle, I suppose technically it was as all six wheels were driven.

It def did say 6x6 on it but I wouldn't expect you to see it Tom as you don't even see what is written in posts! I'll give you £1000 tomorrow in cash if that's ok? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landy Rally Christmas Weekend
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next