Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wales = snow

Go down 
+2
Crazy~Johno
Tom Mc
6 posters
AuthorMessage

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:43 pm

thought id share these with you...

wales = snow Pc300210

green lanes in north wales [ the ones that were passable ] were fantastic, as were the mountain roads and ditches Embarassed ....
wales = snow Pc300211
[ and this was spost to be a tarmac road, ]
wales = snow Pc300213
and lenny keeps rolling along...
wales = snow Pc300214
although in fairness as the lead vehicle this is what i was looking at the drive from...
wales = snow Pc300212
this was before the snow ...
wales = snow Pc280010

definatly a good trip. lessons learnt ... sheep still have more influence than that of welsh women

kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Brilliant photos! As I said on the blower, it's just as well I didn't pop over (shame, the company would have been awesome - sad about that part) or the panels on the Rangie would have ended up somewhat crumpled. I just know it, I have a track record in that department. Rolling Eyes

Much as I love it, snow and yours truly just don't mix. No

Welcome back to civilisation ... sorry Welshland folk!
Back to top Go down

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:09 am

wales = snow P1010310

wales = snow P1030411
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:01 pm

it was almost a year to the day, might as well keep up the christmas tradition

wales = snow 17154_390206530173_855025173_10508305_6750744_n

psst kieran i have only been on 1 RAC recovery home you have 2 bounce bounce :king: Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:25 pm

That last picture's a goodun, Kieran!

It's obviously photoshopped, though ... both Pinky's headlights are the same brightness Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Tom,

Just added a few more onto Facebook. It was like driving through a Christmas Card for most of the week ! But that trip into the snow ditch didn't improve Lenny's front wing !
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Pssssssst Kieran and Johno, I win, made it to 4 recovery's already (and 2 times helped tot make my own way back)
Still, don't understand i made it to Calais :?: :?: :?:
Terrific pictures in Wales though, envie you.
We've only have 1 inch of snow by now and at the moment rain, freezing on to the roads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Sylvia Johnson wrote:
Tom,

Just added a few more onto Facebook. It was like driving through a Christmas Card for most of the week ! But that trip into the snow ditch didn't improve Lenny's front wing !

What! Dont' tell me, it was the same infamous nearside front wing he fixed after not listening to my instructions at Abingdon. It just has to be.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Quote :
What! Dont' tell me, it was the same infamous nearside front wing he fixed after not listening to my instructions at Abingdon. It just has to be.

Me thinks it was Manby and also Sibbertoft (Christmas party) but yes the same wing!

Jaap - We were staying about 1200ft above sea level were the snow was. Until the last day the bottom of the valleys where still green ! And there was very little snow when we got home - that was until today when it put down about 6" of snow this morning and then !! Well all the kids were sent home from school and then the post office sealed the letterboxes and also all went home and several lorries broke down making Mansfield Gridlocked for most of the day !!

Us Brits just cannot cope with a bit of snow ! Most of our vehicles are not built for it ! My everyday car is a 7 year old X-type Jaguar and it really is safer to leave it at home !(with its flat battery) - Lenny to the rescue !
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Kieran phoned tonight to say nothing was moving on the roads except 4x4's. "It looked good". Excellent! cheers

Only about 4" here, but more than enough to go and have a lttle drive in the country. Off for a play today (Wed) I'll let you know how me and my oil-burner got on.
Back to top Go down

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 am

andy, i put new headlights in as i didnt think that the one that was full of mud would pass its mot Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:52 pm

MOT examiners - no sense of adventure! No
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Must say in Holland the same shit if it snows. Yesterday the part around Amsterdam and above it had about 4 inches of snow at the end of the midday. All trafic stopped. Past midnight still traffic jams. Big news: we're almost out of salt...... prediction is more snow this weekend, will be fun.
Told you we had snow and rain earlier.The effect is fun, kids are skating on the roads, about 1 inch of pure hard ice.
Will last some time since there is no salt to spread. Today on the news: in one city they are spreading coloured and parfumed bathingsalt other places only pure sand.
Keep you posted
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:52 pm

funny you should say that i plan to drive from mansfield to york tomorrow morning at 8 im sure it'll be a nightmare with the snow theyve predicted, i think ill buy a shovel befor ei set off as thats the most important but only piece of equipment i dont have Embarassed

yeah snow predicted on sunday and the news just said if it does snow we will be out of grit salt, in many ways im happy as 4x4's will be king of the road truely once again, not to rub it in marc but ill do extra driving to make up for you Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Marc's not the only one annoyed at the moment. Dean rang last night and he can't start his Rangie. Apparently he could see a dribble of water underneath - water pump or core plug/s I would say, let's hope it's not the block. affraid

And yes Sylvia, I recall now, it was Manby that Keith led me astray into that black hole!
Back to top Go down

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:37 pm

i was speaking to him on facebook last night, and i raise dit at mud club and it was suggested that it was the steel water pipe that runs through the V [ tom could you suggest it please]
fingers crossed,
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Ah, that be the famous 'valley'. How do you know about that, you're an oil-burner devotee surely?

Know exactly which pipe you're talking about, but Gawd knows what it actually does. Obviously part of the cooling system (okay, I'm guessing) it must funnel down into the waterways next to the exhaust ports. Then again ...

Sorry Dean, you need professional advice here, something you ain't gonna get from me. Mind out Kieran, he may want that 3.5 V8 after all. Sad
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:56 am

It was about this time last year when my engine went "pop" - hope it is ok Deano.....maybe TVR lumps aren't supposed to be driven in the snow and ice!

M.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:33 am

Overnight engine heaters and strong antifreeze - definitely the way forwards.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:17 am

andybloke wrote:
Overnight engine heaters and strong antifreeze - definitely the way forwards.
Couldn't agree more. When we used to go off-roading in Sweden, we noticed that in virtually every car park of blocks of flats there would be lines of vehicles 'plugged in' to the mains electricity supply via special boxes of about a dozen euro sockets - obviously heating the vehicles and their engine compartments as there was no frost on the vast majority of them! There would be a couple however dotted around that clearly hadn't paid their bill for these would be completely frosted over as though they just had a dusting of snow.

Definitely the way to go.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
There would be a couple however dotted around that clearly hadn't paid their bill for these would be completely frosted over as though they just had a dusting of snow.

Oh, I often still have to scrape the ice off of both sides of the windows, but the engine stays above freezing and starts really easily. The heater I have in the cabin is only 60 watts, so it's not so bad if the car's covered in snow, but if it's clear and frosty, it still gets rather cold!

Yorks/Lincs 4x4 Response just got a little mention on the BBC1 news "Snow Heroes" section.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Just saying to 'er indoors tonight during the six o'clock news that it's grossly unfair that folk should moan about 4x4's all year around and get the exposure, yet we they do good by helping out the authorities - again all year around - they never get a mention.

Well it seems they have at last, damn good job! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wales = snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: wales = snow   wales = snow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wales = snow
Page 1 of 1