Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spare parts

Go down 
+8
ardvark2345
Tom Mc
VentureOverland
theshortwayround
cameladventures
batfink
CarpeDiem
Keith Johnson
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Spare parts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:16 am

Well basically, and being careful here, i used to use them, and found them ok, somethings wern't a great fit, but nothing a hammer and a spreader couldn't solve.

Then the last few times i used them, i had the misfortune to receive some duff parts, ie i had 4 brand new wheel cylinders, all of which leaked and wouldn't bleed. i sent them back, and they refused to acknowledge it, dispite notes from the carrier proving they had had them. i had a couple more bits ordered from them, and once again they failed to work properly and returned them, although did get refund.

Might just be my luck, but there a few of use around this way that have had similar issues with them. I'd be happy to resolve it with them, but they always claim no knowledge, and it likes banging your head against a wall!

ah well, win some loose some!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
rooftop

rooftop

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 8:29 am

good for alot of things and very usefull for radiator /intercoolers is silicon sealant + applicator coupled with tie wraps /hoseclips etc plugs that hole
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 2:51 pm

rooftop wrote:
good for alot of things and very usefull for radiator /intercoolers is silicon sealant

Yup. That's in the toolbox ... we'll also have a tub of Gun Gum for fixing hot bits. Can't find my stainless cable ties, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 5:09 pm

Wow, stainless cable ties??????????????????? I've heard about them but never seen them. Not an urban myth then?????????
Just about finished the preps on the car, just got to change/check the oils now.
Best part of doing the preps was, checking the turbo boost Twisted Evil Standard turbo boost 12psi tweeked it without a boost gauge, yeha!!!!!! Just two turns on the waste gate. Got a gauge eventually and found it was upto 15psi, not good. Tweeked it down to 12psi and found not much difference in performance from when it was 15psi.
I have tall tyres on my 200tdi Disco so a tad more torque and bhp may overcome the tall gearing.
These mods on the turbo are not all I have done, K&N air filter, uprated intercooler, air/oil seperator, plus nice shiney intercooler pipes and blue silicon hoses tongue Blue silcon being the most important Laughing
Best of luck to everyone on their preparations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Mechanically, service, change of brake fluid ... that's it! Have added a few 'extra' toys though, all will become apparent in Calais. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:15 am

LuckyTrucker wrote:
Wow, stainless cable ties??????????????????? I've heard about them but never seen them. Not an urban myth then?????????

Search ebay for stainless ties -wall
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
rooftop

rooftop

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 1:36 pm

just ask yourself how many miles youve done locally or whatever personally ive done approx 60,000 in this vehicle with out spares. fair enough i service it but were only going 3500 miles door to door for us anyway. thats not even one service stop at 5000 ml intervals. so just ask yourselfs will i really need all those spares. personally this disco ,s carrying one prop shaft uj, silicon, cable ties, one tyre on wheel, mobile phone and rations just in case. with luck and a service and check before the off every thing should turn out just dandy, laurel :?: :bom: affraid
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:37 pm

Can't wait affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 1:11 pm

Spare set of keys.................

Me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 3:25 pm

Now that's the best suggestion I've heard for ages, I'll get mine Monday after Peterborough.
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:38 pm

Based on the latest photos...................

a breathilizer ( Embarassed my friend claret) is needed, to test which driver is most sober to start. cheers 2 u all :!:
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:12 pm

A good idea for you - I've just attached a spare key (locks & ignition) somewhere under the vehicle. Absolutely impossible for a tea leaf to find as it's been buried under several layers of mud, secure 'cause it's been double cable tied to a component that ain't going to drop off in a hurry!

I throughly reccommend you do likewise ... could save a whole lot of grief.

BTW, dropped a bunch of keys down a drain once, the spare key at home saved the day. A tad more awkward in the Alps 1,000 miles from home! No
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:05 am

Razz spare keys already sorted. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spare parts   Spare parts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spare parts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2