Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!

Go down 
+3
Tom Mc
CarpeDiem
Lu and Tweedie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Empty
PostSubject: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi everyone

We have our first vinyls on the Disco now cheers . We've taken some photos to go with an article in our charity's magazine.

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Team_t10

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Team_t12

Lu and Tweedie :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 12:49 am

Very nice!

All the best for more sponsors,
Mark
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:36 am

Oh yes … pure dynamite … what an explosive start! (sorry) :bom: :bom: :bom:

Although not compulsory, I would very much like for entrants to leave space both sides of the vehicle for three 12" x 3" Organiser's stickers - either spread about or on top of one another in a block (in your case the perfect place is where the rear doors should be). I will contact all the teams about this separately but thought I'd mention it now before you go ‘ballistic’ thinking that the more stickers you have, the more it will make you go like a ‘rocket’! (not sorry)

Last edited by on Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi Tom

What sort of stickers are they? We have two possible sponsors vying for space too.

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 7:50 pm

Although it hasn't been properly discussed yet, I wanted to have VentureOverland, Custom Vinyl and Twisted Performance (who looks as if they will be entering a team or two themselves). Nothing definite though with TP, whereas VO have and CV have supported us all the way.

Note: I say 'us' because VO have given oodles of advice and CV are giving all the teams extremely good prices for their stickers and graphics. TP is still in the pipeline so to speak!
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 8:42 am

Tom Mc wrote:
TP is still in the pipeline so to speak!

Free stainless exhaust for all who sport their stickers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 8:45 am

andybloke wrote:
Tom Mc wrote:
TP is still in the pipeline so to speak!

Free stainless exhaust for all who sport their stickers?

I'll take two then... stickers or exhaust, stickers or exhaust, stickers or exhaust??? I wonder which I'd prefer?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 3:18 pm

They're not as exciting and exotic as Kaya's Morrocco pix, but I thought I'd post a couple of pictures from the off road (or should that be underwater) course in Billing this weekend.

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Billin10

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Billin11

Great fun! and we enjoyed meeting more teams.

Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 5:48 am

Wow, vinyls look really good guys, really impressive!

We're just getting ours done, so give it a week or so!

Tom, how soon are we able to get the ones from you? just need to make sure they can fit in the spaces available, as we need to prioritise our sponsors to make sure we don't forget peolpe that have donated and supplied equipment for us!!

Off Road Submarine course looks good,although having some of that here at the moment, although so far not in my own car, just at work!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 6:52 am

Hi LU, Hi Tweedie, did you know how deep that water was before you went in :?: If you you did you were very brave affraid May I congratulate you on your fine wading style. Nice bow wave. My off roading style will be a bit curtailed until after September. Don't want to add anything to the cost besides the necessaries.
Just about to give 4x4mailorder a call for the service items, they seem to give the best prices. Nice to have met you yesterday, looking forward to September. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 5:26 am

Brave or foolhardy? Did make for good piccies though! Been there and done it so I can't preach. Besides, did have a way to go before reaching the 'drowning stickers'. Very Happy

Like the flyer bottom of the windscreen. I now have two, one reversed. Amazing how many folk in Tescos or in the high street stop and read it or look and point at the mountain roads.

Quote :
My off roading style will be a bit curtailed until after September.
VERY WISE MATE!
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 3:49 pm

LuckyTrucker wrote:
Hi LU, Hi Tweedie, did you know how deep that water was before you went in :?:

We saw loads of people go through with no problems and the marshall's did not seem concerned at all :!: Only a bit of water came into the footwells. It was loads of fun and Tweedie thought it was very strange to drive through, more like sailing! :Shark: ONE LIFE, LIVE IT!

We did see some other people get stuck earlier on in the course. One guy in a 90 was parked in the river! He has to climb out into the water (about waist deep) with shorts on, to attach the tow rope! No When they pulled him out, there was loads of water pouring out of all of the doors and spluttering out of his exhaust! They wouldn't let us do that bit, without a snorkel!

And we saw somebody rescuing a rescue vehicle who had also got stuck rescuing somebody!! Embarassed I've got some good pictures, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them as they are not our vehicle and we don't have any permission :?:

I'm going to have a go off-road at the quarry near us in Derbyshire during the bank holiday weekend. I usually navigate and take photos / video, so it will be a new experience! T is quite scared!! affraid

Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:39 am

[quote="Lu and Tweedie"]
LuckyTrucker wrote:
...They wouldn't let us do that bit, without a snorkel!...

Ah, Snorkels... We do those!! cheers

Great photo's by the way! One problem with trading at these shows is that you never get to do the good stuff - playing in the mud. That said though, Billing wasnt too bad, plenty of Mud to slip in at the entrance to the marquee!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:44 am

Yes, we bought a snorkel at the show, along with lots of other bits! Tweedie has got his work cut out fitting it all this weekend! I'll try to help (as co-driver!), but I tend to get oin the way, so I'll probably stick to brew making duties!

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 4:39 am

Posting photos you've taken is quite legal as (1) you own the copyright and (2) the show organisers allow photography. Basically it's the same as you taking photos at Wimbledon tennis tournament when quite clearly photography is banned and publishing them (in print or electronically) - you can get in big do do - whereas taking photos of a celebrity opening a village garden fete and 'publishing' them on a website (a forum is in the public domain therefore you are in effect publishing) or in a club newsletter is no problem at all.

What you can't do is go on to a website (i.e. the official Dakar website) download a couple of photos of Bowlers racing in the Sahara and reproduce them on your own site as again you are 'publishing without permission'. I realise it happens all the time with clubs as someone will 'borrow' a shot of a vehicle drowning in a lake off one website and publish it on another club website, but quite frankly the chances of ever being taken to court by that person is so minimal, it's not even relevant. Yes, technically it is wrong, but nobody gives a damn because more often than not they are proud their shot is being seen by other enthusiasts.

However, professional photographers like the one on the Dakar will get very protective about their shots (quite rightly as they have paid a lot of dosh to cover prestigious event like the Dakar) so could well threaten a person with legal action as his/her copyright has obviously been breached. That said, if the magazine or newsletter for instance is for a charity or good cause, contact to copyright holder (the photographer or photo agency) in person and simply ask for permission. 9 times out of 10 they will say yes provided you give them a credit for the shot - PHOTO: REPRODUCED BY KIND PERMISSION OF FRED BLOGGS or simply PHOTO: FRED BLOGGS and everyone's happy. In fact I did this very thing a few years back, for I once wrote a book about my participation in the Paris Dakar and published it myself. It now contains some excellent shots of famous faces of the day … all with full permission of the photo agency!

Here endith the lesson.

So Lu, that being the case, publish away and let's see the rescue vehicle being rescued, or whatever.

T study
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 5:12 am

Sorry guys, having looked at the pix again, I realised the 2nd rescue vehicle is a Suzuki, not a Landy. Is it Andy from Team TV 4x4 who likes Japanese 4x4s? (Sorry it's hard to remember everybody we met at Billing!) If so, he'll be pleased. Discuss......

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Billin10

Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 5:00 am

This is the Landy, that was 'parked' in the river and you can see the water pouring out of his doors - poor thing! The water was quite deep, so I bet everything in the Series was soaked! No

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Billin14

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Billin15

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 6:52 am

Poor thing? Ah, you're so sweet Lu feeling sorry for the plight of a fellow Landy driver. Nah! More likely he was too much of a cheapskate to invest in a can of WD40 to spray the electrics before going swimming! Anyway, he probably just wanted to wash some of the mud out of the footwells. Looking at the level, it didn't even reach the top of the transmission tunnel, hence had a dry arse! Result I'd say. cheers
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 4:17 pm

You're all heart Tom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!   Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team T 'n' T - vinyls started!!
Page 1 of 1