Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

meet lenny

Go down 
+7
Keith Johnson
VentureOverland
CarpeDiem
apd2009
theshortwayround
andybloke
Lu and Tweedie
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Monstar - Sylvia

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-25

meet lenny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Beware all Road Users !   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Well I finally got the keys to Lenny to have my first "driving lesson" on New Years Day.

Kieran has never let go of Pinky's keys so it was my first time behind the wheel of a 4 x 4 and a manual diesel. Once I had got the hang of it it was quite good fun.

Next lesson before September is driving on the wrong side of the road !

Watch out Europe Sylvia's about !!
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: meet lenny   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:34 pm

Laughing Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: meet lenny   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:56 pm

cheers Hear hear ... go girl. cheers
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Update   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 am

Thought I would update everyone with progress on Lenny. We now have a Safari snorkel, Christmas present from the co-pilot. On order are the new sills/rock sliders which come cmplete with 7" tree sliders. These should turn up next week and then I hope that a friend from Mud Club will weld them on for me. While I do a bit of welding my little gasless electric unit isn't up to structural work. Come to think of it neither is my welding ability. I think we should be about ready for an MOT then. Although I will have to put some better tyres on to the rims I bought from Kieran.

meet lenny - Page 2 Snorke10
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: meet lenny   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:56 am

comming along ther.
wait till ye get some stickies on it then it will start looking the part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: meet lenny   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:58 am

Yeah stickers ... and lot's of 'em! Smile

Amazon Technics Keith, you won't regret it. Remember what I said about them? Virtually no road noise, actually, NO road noise, and they are a true mud tyre. Excellent grip and that's on damp/wet roads. Hard-wearing too, unlike a lot of re-treads like Grizzly Claws. As for off-road, they are awesome as they clean so well. IMHO only Simex Centipedes can beat 'em, and let's face it, you wouldn't want to do 2,300 miles on those around Europe.

Come to think of it, on wet tarmac you wouldn't want to do 230 yards on them!
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Bleedin brokes   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:19 pm

Maybe I'm the last person in the world to discover how to bleed brakes easily but just in case its of use to anyone else ....

Following the saga of getting the right set of extended brake pipes I've now fitted them and tried the time honoured method of bleeding them One person pressing the pedal with the other opening and closing the valve in perfect harmony. (Unless its dyslexic Kieran pressing when he should be lifting !!) This didn't have much success probably due to the number of valves per caliper.

I have now invested in a Gunsen Eazibleed kit (£15 from Screwfix) which you connect to a spare tyre and the master cylinder to pressurise the system then open the bleed valves in turn. Works a treat and you can easily do it alone - ideal for Billy no mates like me.

Last edited by Keith Johnson on Fri May 02, 2008 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: meet lenny   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Keith Johnson wrote:
Maybe I'm the last person in the world to discover how to bleed brakes easily

Large syringe, and "reverse bleed".

Pump clean, fresh, fluid _into_ the bleed nipple until it fills the reservoir without bubbling. Depending on the shape of the caliper, you can also suck the air out, then push the oil back in (by holding the syringe upright).

Keith also wrote:
Gunsen Eazibleed kit (£15 from Screwfix)

Couple of quid from a hospital pharmacist. (Not generally available outside of hospitals, as nothing available in the highstreet is injected 50ml at a time).

Tis a common way of bleeding motorbike brakes. Apparently you can also use certain grease guns to pump brake fluid, providing they have good enough seals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: meet lenny   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Easybleed kits are ace! Been around for ages, always worked for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: meet lenny   meet lenny - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

meet lenny
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2