Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Empty
PostSubject: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:14 am

Kieran and I had a great day out in the mud today. Several inches of rain last night so lots of water and mud. Needless to say the ropes got well used. Thoughr you might like the pictures...
Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Img00010
Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Img00011
Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Img00017
Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Img00018
[img]
[url=https://servimg.com/view/11836165/68]Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Img00014
Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Img00015
Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Img00016
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:34 am

Laughing Laughing certainly did have a good day!!
have you showed mum how clean lenny isnt yet Laughing

was a very very wet day, for those very few who have been on here a few years you might remember pinkys engine drowing incident, this was the same location as then but we had plenty of snorkel use and the engines kept running fine so alls good,
i guess you could say practice for sibbertoft Laughing
or a pre mot celebration
cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi,
Very wet indeed, you almost need amphibius vehiclés.
Seems a nice playground though.
Have fun cleaning Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:36 pm

wash your mouth out, i refuse to clean a land rover untill importants likethe mot on the 17th december Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Wot ... the 17th??? affraid That's only two days before our Christmas bash. That's Pinky out of it then. No

Pleased you enjoyed your little watery excursion, may I suggest you take an Alvis Stalwart next time? That was wet!
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:25 am

Kieran

Dont forget to clean the radiator out though you don't want a range ravers moment do you ?

Cleaning Lenny out ?well I did it last time and it was nice and clean in side so its your Dad's turn now! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:40 am

Well Kieran,
Washing the outside isn't what I meant. but cleaning the radiator and underneath your car, is a lttle more important. Especially the radiator, i found out to my regrets. Costed me an engine. Get rid of the mud in places where the chassis could easily get rusty, your wheels and brakes (including handbrake) isn't a bad idea either. A lot more work than the outside, I know.
Can't say i do it myself affraid
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:43 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Wot ... the 17th??? affraid That's only two days before our Christmas bash. That's Pinky out of it then. No

Pleased you enjoyed your little watery excursion, may I suggest you take an Alvis Stalwart next time? That was wet!

How does it work in GB?, If you fail your MOT, can't you drive any longer?
Or do you have some time left to do the repairs?

What do you mean with "Alvis Stalwart"?
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:31 am

I presume you mean that army amphib, a bit like a mini DUKW ?

In the UK you can get an MOT in advance of it being due. If you pass its dated from the old expiry date. If you fail you still have a valid MOT. I think the law strictly is that you shouldnt use a vehicle that has failed but I'm not sure if this is actually checked. I am sure that I have taxed a car (for which a valid MOT is required) after I have failed a "nearly due" test.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:36 pm

In Holland most garages can do the MOT. Mostly if it doen't pass they just mention it to you and not register it.So you can just make a new appointment. Officially you have to have your MOT before its expired, but if you can verify you have an appointment its ok. Automatically you get a fine (75 euros) if your 2 months late. Off course, it's Holland, you pay your tax anyway
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Alvis Stalwart's are brilliant machines, well, if you don't mind changing the gearbox 2 or 3 times a year. Amazingly for an amphibious vehicle they came with a petrol engine as standard. Here you go - http://www.tankmuseum.com/single/stalwart.htm

My mate had one. He swapped the engine for a Rolls Royce K70 diesel unit from a Chieftan tank because he wanted to take it for a little swim ... around the Isle of Wight!

Circumnavigation was the object, raising funds for Hayling Island Sea Scouts the good cause, but when the alternator packed up not even a third of the way around the island, so did the bilge pump. NOT GOOD, especially as he was halfway to The Needles at the time and the tide was turning. With a choice of sink or swim, he did neither as he managed to beach it ... on the Crown property of Osbourne House. Oh dear, what a stir that caused with the Police and the M.O.D. (Ministry of Defence). ABSOLUTELY NO LANDING, NO PICNICS, NO NUFFIN' the sign facing the sea stated. He did, he had to! Still got a bollocking though. The fact that the R.N.L.I (Royal National Lifeboat Institution) has washed their hands of him pre-event certainly didn't help his argument, their view being that he was "Foolhardy swimming a Stalwart in the open sea". Granted, it was originally designed as a gun tractor for crossing the Rhine attacking Ruskies during the Cold War, but that was no reason to refuse assistance if he got into trouble in the sea. If Clarkson & Co. (they are Top Gear TV motoring show presenters Jaap) can get away with it, why can't he?

Anyway, with a replacement alternator fitted he was off again up the Solent and got in trouble again when he sailed too close to the Royal yacht Britannia who was there for Cowes week sailing regatta. Opps! A navy launch sent him packing, so then he simply drove up on the beaches at Ryde and Shanklin (the holidaymakers having to move their deckchairs as the monster from the deep headed their way - it was a hot summer's day) so he could shake collecting buckets at them!

His nickname? Mad Mark! I wonder why?

How do I know all this? I was there. You wouldn't believe the daft projects and ventures I've been involved in. Then again, the more you get to know me, you probably would! Wink
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:13 am

hey Tom,
That was an adventure for sure.
Nice story and an iincredible machine.
Too bad they forgot the differentials.
Does Mad Mark still own this thing?
Would be nice object to join the christmas party
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Nah, he sold it to an even madder person in Canada. Don't know how he he got it there, but don't think he sailed it there! Very Happy

But then again .........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....   Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny .... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mud, Mud Pinky and Lenny ....
Page 1 of 1