Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Land Rover shopping

Go down 
+2
Tom Mc
bofa bill
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Land Rover shopping Empty
PostSubject: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:35 pm

it cant be just my shopping that looks like this?

Land Rover shopping Dsc00119

lol!
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:52 pm

how muchy is your oil per litre then K?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:48 pm

Ooooooo - low in cholesterol and non-GM, does that mean it's healthy for the planet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 pm

its spost to be better for the planet, i put 25 litrs of bio in and 20 litres of diesel in and in total it worked out at 10p per litre cheaper, but if you put filtered stuff in from the chippy or some where such, if halves fuel costs :!:

i have now put 120 litres in so far and have no noticed any issues yet but i am keeping a very close eye on things as my fuel pump is probley very old and is probley the dreaded lucas type.

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:23 pm

aye Sainsbutys are selling it at £1 a ltr.
Personally I like using the stuff but I dont think its worth the risk while only saveing a few pence.
Pumps are rather expensive
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:14 pm

does it run on lucozade now? i guess by the time it gets to landy rally it will be on pro plus!

I can see why u'd use that as i went past a petrol station today and it was 1.19p per litre! which isnt so bad for me cos im a petrol boy but theres no alternative for it tho that i kno of Sad but am always welcome to good ideas :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:56 pm

when I was coming back from Cannock last week a Texaco station was selling at £1.24 ltr.

80 ltrs x say avg £1.18 ltr = £94.40
80 ltrs x veg @ £1 ltr = £80

On the Rally
so, if we save approx £15 per tank, x 9 tanks (350mls) that = a saving of £135. approx
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 4:30 am

run a V8 .... you know it makes sense affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 5:16 am

i see your point bill, and valid though it is, if you get free stuff from a chip shop and simply put it through a secret ingriediant filter Wink it costs about 1 or 2p per litre thats where the saving really starts,

i wouldnt use the cooking oil on landy rally incase disaster strikes in the middle of the swiss alps again Shocked

it is probly cheaper now to run a V8 than it is to run my 200tdi Shocked
with the currant fuel prices.

im off to hagg farm for the weekend cheers
Over And Out
cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:48 am

bofa bill wrote:
how muchy is your oil per litre then K?

This week I've been doing a little rapeseed oil survey in the Leeds/Bradford area....

Asda 99p/L (diesel was 115.9 at the time, 117.4 now)
Tesco Express 99 - 99.6p / L (More expensive in 3L bottles)
Morrisons 99p/L (diesel is 116.9 (115.4 with loyalty card discount))
Local shop £1/L
Petrol station shop £1.20 (diesel is 118.9)

Must call my friend at the airport, see how much he can get aviation fuel for Smile

It has been suggested that I try adding various flavoured oils, to see if I can make it smell like different styles of cooking - garlic/chilli/ginger infused oils .... so what I'm really after is the waste oil from a seaside doughnut stand jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:02 pm

If kieran combined your flavouring with his leak he could end up with deep fried Landy - thats if he doesnt tighten up the bargie bolts (oops I mean banjo)
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:03 am

Quote :
when I was coming back from Cannock last week a Texaco station was selling at £1.24 ltr.

80 ltrs x say avg £1.18 ltr = £94.40
80 ltrs x veg @ £1 ltr = £80

Saw diesel on Friday at £1.24.9 at a motorway services ... at least Dick Turpin wore a mask! :suspect:

80 ltrs x LPG @ 53.9 ltr = £43.12 cheers

... and over near Ross-on-Wye I saw a garage seeling it for 49.9 per litre cheers cheers

I LURVVVVVVE LPG. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover shopping   Land Rover shopping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Land Rover shopping
Page 1 of 1