Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Go down 
+10
Lu and Tweedie
evo4x4
Lizzytish
Lady V
Keith Johnson
loncbt
VentureOverland
tpb4x4
bofa bill
Tom Mc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:48 am

Good idea. A general collection for Paul's chosen charity at Abingdon sounds much better than anything in Calais at the Start, and for those who can't make Abingdon they have the choice via the Just Giving site.

Even in this horrible situation, imposing upon folk and making them feel awkward about 'having' to give is not right My view is - as long as the choice is there, then that's respectful, correct and and proper.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:25 am

Is this the right Practical Action website???? i.e. the one Paul was supporting?

http://www.practicalaction.org/?id=about_us

Im after a logo...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:54 am

Think so as thats the logo oan ther J/G page.
http://www.justgiving.com/pinkpeople
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:19 am

thanks bill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Lady V

Lady V

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:39 am

Jon, if you still need the logo, let me have your email address and I'll send you the "proper" one - we've got various file types for different purposes
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 am

I have just received an email from Paul Martin's family (passed on by Chris Dennis, Paul’s partner and Co-Driver in Team "Pink People" Landy Rally 2008). She wanted me to convey to following message to interested parties.

Anyone that can attend to form a Landy Rally 4x4 procession I would be most grateful but given the short notice and the fact it’s on a Friday if you can’t be there it is perfectly understandable. I personally will be attending both the funeral and the cremation on behalf of Landy Rally so be assured you will all be represented come what may.

Dear Chris

Thank you for your email. It would be great if you could contact all of Paul's friends that you know to give the details of his funeral, please. I will set out the details below and you can forward this email if you wish.

Funeral of Paul Martins is 3rd October 2008 at St Peter's RC Church, Jewry St, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8BW at 2.30 pm, followed by the cremation at Basingstoke Crematorium, North Waltham, Basingstoke RG25 2BA. All are most welcome at both.

Afterwards we are gathering at 'The Fox' North Waltham, RG25 2BE. Again all are welcome, but we would appreciate an idea of the numbers.

Flowers or donations (or both) please to Practical Action www.practicalaction.org via the funeral directors, B Matthews, 2 Eastgate Street, Winchester - 01962 843181.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:38 am

Just to let you know, I did indeed attend Paul's funeral service and cremation on behalf of all those associated with Landy Rally. Together with family and friends, also in attendance were about twenty bikers some of whom had known Paul for a good many years. Upon leaving the church I took up position in the Rangie behind the family's limo, which of course was immediately behind the hearse. Just before hitting Winchester High Street I stopped to let in all the bikers (trikes and choppers included) so they could be up front of the cortege. This made a splendid sight, one which actually made the shoppers stand still in reverence, something I think that Paul would have liked.

One thing was obvious from the wake held at the pub afterwards, Paul was a traveller and adventurer, and the one thing that really got me was the fact he would have loved passing through the Pyrenees and the Alps on LR`08 … sadly it was not to be.

Not much more to report. Obviously a sad day for all concerned, but one that had to be faced.

One last word though – I have been asked to pass on a heartfelt thank you from Paul’s partner Christine to everyone who contacted her leading up to and on the day of the funeral. You know who you are, believe me Chris really appreciated all the emails and text messages you sent; it helped ease her pain. Also the two sets of ‘Team Pink People’ stickers two of the teams made in remembrance of Paul were well received by Chris, his family and friends. Nice one folks, I'm proud of you!

Paul Martins d’Almeida 1946-2008 R.I.P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:59 am

rest in peace!

thanks tom for representing all of us !
Back to top Go down
evo4x4

evo4x4

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:09 am

Kieran's words say it all.

Keith
Back to top Go down
http://www.croatianholidays.eu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT   IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2