Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE BIG TIME CHARILES

Go down 
+2
VentureOverland
BigTimeCharile
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BigTimeCharile

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-11

THE BIG TIME CHARILES Empty
PostSubject: THE BIG TIME CHARILES   THE BIG TIME CHARILES Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 2:57 pm

[img]https://servimg.com/view/11264569/1

She should be ready for sept?????

as 'Black Betty' stands, she has

Goodyear MT's
2" Scorpion Lift
Safari Snorkle
1400lb Winch
Steering Guard
Carputer
CB Radio
45Ltr On-board water tank
Engine powered water heater
Shower on rear
Fully fitted hob
2Kw inverter
Solar panel
Deep Cycle & starter batteries
Battery power management system
45ltr Nat Luna fridge/freezer
stupidly expensive rooflights, can't remenber the name, but wasn't worth it
Arb roof Rack
Ezy Awn rooftent
Howling Moon shower skirt
Cheap awning
Hi-lift jack & carrier
Stowage drawers (MMC) - these are very good - take a look
Diff Guards

Phew, think thats about it, i think

In the garage, waiting to go on:

Front and rear ARB diff locks ( can anyone help with these, i'm way over my head!!!)
Rock sliders
Fuel tank guard

On the wish list:

ANYTHING THAT ANYONE WILL SELL ME, unfortunatly, i'm that stupid, as you can tell, if someone says it'll make it go farther better, i'll buy it!

Matt (JTR from team BTC)

PS
Hope the pic workes, never posted a pic before!

On The wish list
Back to top Go down
http://www.cricketers-view.com
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG TIME CHARILES   THE BIG TIME CHARILES Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 4:39 pm

Nice looking landy.

Are we talking TD5 power plant (Looking at the picture I suspect so)? I see no mention of ECU remap or uprated intercooler on the modification list!?!?!?

By the way, at the end of your url you need to put [/img] - that way it'll be a url.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG TIME CHARILES   THE BIG TIME CHARILES Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 11:51 pm

Very tidy!

Look forward to seeing all in September,
Best regards, mark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG TIME CHARILES   THE BIG TIME CHARILES Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:48 pm

ok now im drowling, thats a hell of a nice landy! lol

i want one Laughing

i like it Laughing

kieran

Monstar affraid
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlies

Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG TIME CHARILES   THE BIG TIME CHARILES Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:44 am

Yeah i know Venture,

It's something that could do with doing, but messing with the ECU just gives me the heebee geebees!

I'v considered buying a 2nd one though, then i'd get her re-mapped and still have a spare for when i inevitably drown the poor thing.

I could do with moving it too, heard someone's making a harness extension kit to get it up in the headlining out of harms way.......u heard this?

Matt
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG TIME CHARILES   THE BIG TIME CHARILES Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 11:46 am

Hi there, yes all that electrickery gets me worried affraid I know it is much easier to get extra power out of a TD5 just by connecting it to a puter. My 200tdi, the only electrickery on the engine is the fuel solenoid and I have know them to fail. By September I hope to have a Allisport full width intercooler with those loverly blue hoses. They tell me the engine will run with less stress and the exhaust gases will be cooler, just hope the bottom end holds out :bom:
Just filled the tank with Biodiesel for the first time, not done enough milage to give a proper report just yet but I do know it smells like a chip shop. Rolling Eyes Still I will be able to shut the tree huggers up with them driving around in their fossil fuel cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
BigTimeCharile

Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG TIME CHARILES   THE BIG TIME CHARILES Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:35 pm

hey,

Yeah, i ran Bio deisel for a while, the TD5 didn't like it at all, slow starts, and hugh clouds of white smoke in a morning! The chip shop smell i didn't mind, it was always the guy behind me that suffered.

My van really didn't like it though, it turned into a non-starter Sad

So who knows, seems to me simpler engines are much happier with it, my old ex-AA van runs perfect, so i'm thinkin the TDI will be much the same . . . . . . . hopefully confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.cricketers-view.com
batfink

batfink

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG TIME CHARILES   THE BIG TIME CHARILES Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:38 pm

Hi there ive got a 2.5 diesel n/a 85 model and with a splash of diesel as your ment to,and then fill it up with bio it seemed to love it.Again a little white smoke in the morning and a bit slow to get going,but im told that the diesel/bio mix is the key to it? I plan to fill my jerry cans with it Idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE BIG TIME CHARILES   THE BIG TIME CHARILES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE BIG TIME CHARILES
Page 1 of 1