Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tuff Trophy Challenge, Wales 25-26 July 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Tuff Trophy Challenge, Wales  25-26 July 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Tuff Trophy Challenge, Wales 25-26 July 2009   Tuff Trophy Challenge, Wales  25-26 July 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:50 am

If any of you peeps are around the Llandrindod Wells area in Powys (Wales) this coming weekend, then by all means pop in to say hello. In my capacity of UK Representative of the Rainforest Challenge of Malaysia I shall be attending an event known as the Tuff Trophy, a winch challenge event. Featuring some of the most extreme off-roading you will ever come across, as part of their prize the winner will receive a free entry into the Malaysian Rainforest Challenge 2009 - hence my involvement as I will be awarding this prize.

As I say, come and say hello. There will be camping overnight Saturday and we just may have a snifter or two with the competitors in the evening. Well, it would be rude not to. Just say you're with Tom McGuigan upon arrival and they will see you right. drunken

EVENT DESCRIPTION:
Challenger 4x4 The Club would like to announce its 2009 Tuff Trophy Challenge. In association with Outback Import.
The event will be in the form of punch challenge event and will be open to all, but membership of "Challenger 4x4 The Club" is mandatory for insurance purposes. Each team will consist of a driver , co-driver and vehicle.
Great prizes will be up for grabs and of course a goody bag for each competitor.

The weekends event will cost £175 per team. We will provide breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning and a hot meal Saturday night before you go out on the night stage. Tea, Coffee and water stations will be around the event arena during the day to help keep you going. Camping facilities also included.

The Tuff Trophy Challenge will take place over the weekend of 25-26 July 2009 at Tuff Terrains in Llandrindod Wells, Wales. We are the only club to use this site for competition use so will be a new site for some of you.

The Tuff Trophy Challenge will operate a handicap system. Points will be awarded for "collecting punches" distributed around the event arena, but each punch will have a MAXIMUM score allocated to it. The teams will have a handicap rating for the event based on vehicle specification(Number of winches, Differential locks) and a team's handicap rating will determine the actual score attained for each punch gained. In addition to the collecting the punch's there will be a number of special stages over the weekend.

EVENT HQ:
Tuff Terrains Off Road Centre, Troedrhiwfelen, Abbeycwmhir, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 6PG

OS MAP 136 or 147
Grid Ref. 708 038

07836 713677

www.tuffterrains.co.uk

Tuff Terrains is located approx 3 miles off the A483 ( Newtown to Llandrindod Wells road).

Approx 1 mile North of the Cross Gates roundabout is a left turn for Abbeycmhir, take that turning and travel for 3 miles (you will see a cottage with yellow painted roof timbers on your right), on your left you will see the Tuff Terrains sign.

Turn right and continue to the end, you will pass a farm on your left.

Apparently ... don't take any notice if a dog chases you, it can't tell the difference between cars and sheep!

Hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down

Tuff Trophy Challenge, Wales 25-26 July 2009
Page 1 of 1