Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help needed to get sponsorship money in

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DirtyWeekenders

DirtyWeekenders

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Help needed to get sponsorship money in Empty
PostSubject: Help needed to get sponsorship money in   Help needed to get sponsorship money in Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:06 am

The good news is that my boss visited from the States this week, and agreed to sponsor me. The bad news is that to get the money I have to send a postcard back from every country we visit (he will pay $10 per card, so worth making the effort, we think). We know we can do some of them pretty easily, but any help would be appreciated, as we know there won't be much time to spend in buying cards and stamps, especially in places like Germany where you can't get stamps in a card shop! (Well, why would you, the Post Office is the correct place for that!).

I guess getting the cards won't be too difficult, as most of the campsite will sell them, but I think the stamps may be a problem. So, if you already have any stamps you don't need from any of the countries we are going to, please bring them along to the Rally. You will get the going rate for them, of course. Any other ideas about how to get the full 11 cards sent off would be really appreciated.
I really want to make him cough up the whole $110.00 !! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to get sponsorship money in   Help needed to get sponsorship money in Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 8:05 am

Mmmm - postcards. Now where have I heard that one before? Nice idea and quite ironic as it happens.

Haven't got time to waffle now as I'm just about to depart for the Off Road Power Show at Santa Pod. I'll let others explain why I'm chuckling to myself.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to get sponsorship money in   Help needed to get sponsorship money in Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:01 am

For the last two years one of the tasks has been to send a postcard from every country back to "Cafe De Paris" in Calais. On the last afternoon of the rally, the owner of the cafe (whose name escapes me) has pinned up all of the cards and got the punters to judge which is the most boring, silly etc postcard received. All to gain points towards the Landy Rally challenge!

We are just wondering what Tom will dream up this year, he seemed to have my husband and son's trying to take photos of a lady with no top on last year and try as I might I couldn't find a man walking down the street wearing only a hat ! These continental types are very reserved people you know (apologies to our dutch friends)
Back to top Go down
DirtyWeekenders

DirtyWeekenders

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to get sponsorship money in   Help needed to get sponsorship money in Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:24 am

Oh, running around finding/ doing things on the way is all part of the normal day!! OK that feels better now, because there is sure to be some time to fit it in. But the offer still stands if you have any stamps you don't want (assuming you don't need them this year that is!!).

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to get sponsorship money in   Help needed to get sponsorship money in Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed to get sponsorship money in
Page 1 of 1