Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question on the maps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
baudts

baudts

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-02-08

question on the maps Empty
PostSubject: question on the maps   question on the maps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:55 am

i've seen in the check list that you need diffrent michelin maps. I have a few of these maps but not all. Is it also okay if you have the maps digitally on your cellphone or does this not count?
Back to top Go down
http://rallydogs.vtdesign.be/
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: question on the maps   question on the maps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:22 pm

I have never seen these maps on a cellphone before. If it is possible, then I suppose that is okay. The purpose of having the specified Michelin maps is so they will both tie in with the roadbook (so you can plot where you are going that day and prevent you from getting lost), or rather when you do get lost, you can find your way back on course. You can't see the entire day's journey on a cellphone screen.

Basically it's a safety thing, but if you have exactly the same maps on your cellphone, then it has to be okay.

I would still recommend though that you purchase the Michelin Regional Map 574: Cataluna, Aragon, Andorra - 1:400 000. With this map you can see at a glance all of the Spanish Pyrenees from where we approah Andorra all the way west to Pamplona ... a lot better than a cellphone screen!
Back to top Go down
baudts

baudts

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: question on the maps   question on the maps Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:46 am

okat then iu'll see if i can still find the right maps
Back to top Go down
http://rallydogs.vtdesign.be/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question on the maps   question on the maps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question on the maps
Page 1 of 1