Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Camel Adventures

Go down 
+4
CarpeDiem
cameladventures
Captain Chaos
Tom Mc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Team Camel Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:18 am

I have started this topic on behalf of Team Camel Adventures by moving this post from within another team's thread. Eventually it would be good to see each team have it's own individual thread within Teams and crews. Tom Mc (Administrator/Event Organiser/General Dogsbody)

Hi Guys,

We are team Camel Adventures (Chalky & Karen from Pembrokeshire). We'll be with our ex-Camel Trophy 110 Defender. We're travelling in North West Africa at the moment but once we return to the UK, in mid March, we will be able to keep more in touch with this forum/website.

If anyone is interested in our travels in Africa you can visit us at www.cameladventures.net
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:24 am

Reply by Kieran of Team Monstar - also moved from within another team's thread.

hello,
wow looks a great expedition, welcome to landy rally
kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:28 am

Reply by Andy/Sparky of Team Sparks Will Fly - also moved from within another team's thread.

Hi guys, I am Andy or Sparky from Sparks will fly, to be supported by my wonderful (I had to say that) co-driver (I had to say that as well, she is really my wife) Mandy.

We are fairly new to Landy's and I am in the process of trying to put together/ build up, an expedition style TD5 so we can join in with the loons in Camel Adventures in the future.

Yeah, and your right.... I don't know how to use a forum properly and enter things twice..... but we live and learn (Well some of us do ??)
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Darren/Kieran/Sparky – Hope you don’t mind me moving your posts from within Team Monstar’s topic (or thread as it’s often called, the name for the posts within a topic). As mentioned this way each team have their own topic. Once established with their own topic/thread as it is now, then team’s can cross over to other team’s threads and talk about their progress, what sort of equipment they are taking, and so forth.

Darren/Sparky: If not used to forums, now you have registered and logged on it’s simple.

Either you go to a category – let’s say General Chit Chat – read a topic and if you want to answer click on reply (this will create a post which after typing you 1st preview by clicking on preview, if happy with it click on send). Personally, to get the spelling right or to make changes, I actually create my post in a basic Word document, and once happy with it simply highlight the text, copy and paste it into the reply box, then send. That’s why my replies are always perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!!! … ish! Well, if nothing else it makes life easier.

or

You go to a category – again let’s say General Chit Chat – and start your own topic for others to read and reply to.

Whatever, you’ll soon get used to it. It’s a great form of communication and a good way of picking other team’s brains, meeting up, etc.
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 6:48 pm

Will keep looking Tom, just waiting for a mistake MR PERFECT!!!! :bball:
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 8:07 pm

Bitch ... I'll scratch your eyes out! Go start your own thread Captain 'Cr*p My Pants Everytime I Go Around A Mountain Hairpin' Chaos.

Captain Chaos - huh! More like PANIC MAN!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:10 pm

Welcome back Chalky and your significant other (Karen). Trust your little Moroccan jaunt went well? I realise you have your ‘travel’ website at http://www.cameladventures.net but in a nutshell did you have any disasters and how did the old girl perform? The Landy, not the Mrs!!!! Alternatively, what were the highlights?
Back to top Go down
cameladventures

cameladventures

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi Tom

Can't say it's good to be back. it's certainly difficult to get back into the swing of things. Still it means that we look forward to the Landyrally and can start to plan our next trip. Were already thinking about Mongolia hopefully next summer.

As for the highlights of our trip well where do I start. The whole 3 months was amazing. The countries and the people were brilliant. Anybody who wants to read more about the trip can visit our website @ www.cameladventures.net

The old girl was pretty good, but the landy had a couple of breakdowns, value on top of thermosstat blow apart, head gasket replaced, and a fuel pipe split. Only had 1 puncture through which is suprises considering some of the rocky terrain we crossed. Luckily all these mishaps happened on paved roads near towns and not while we were in the middle of nowhere.

Chalky affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.cameladventures.com
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 11:47 pm

Welcome,

Like your Landy, great website. To me, that is life!

See you on the Landyrally,
Best regards,
Team Landrovers and Wine
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 2:44 pm

Ahoy there welcome from the selsey sharks.Have just been looking at your web site,was very impresed with your landy and all the other picies.
But now im in a right tizz wozz,you see i picked up an e plate 110td etc,etc.It was an mot falier with a rotten bulk head being the main problem
My first plan was to break it down and use the parts to better my Def 90 then sell anything left over,but now i dont know coz yours looks great and i would love something like it myself one day
Obviously it would be a long term project to replace the bulk head and all other parts needed.
Arrrrrr what to do keep it,break it,keep it,break it,keep it??????
look forward to meeting you and your landy

Happy traveling Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
cameladventures

cameladventures

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:49 am

Hi Batfink,

I used to live in Grafton road, from 1977 to 1985.
My parents are still in Sidlesham.
If I manage to get over that way before the rally we should meet for a beer or three.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 4:50 am

Batfink - a word from the wise...

Quantify how big each beer is!!! From the little I know of chalky, each maybe a barrel!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
cameladventures

cameladventures

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 11:10 am

You'll give me a bad reputation saying things like that drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 4:51 pm

Well they say its a small world. Hay a barrel or two dosent sound to bad to me,and today the decision was made for me old barnby broke down, quite badley. Gear box and transmition packed up WOOPS.
So ive spent from 2 this afternoon till 9pm droping the box out of the spare,and on sat-sun i will be transfering them. Crying or Very sad
So the decision is made,BREAK IT.
Any one need anyy spare parts

Also would be great to meet up if the opportunity arises cheers
sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
cameladventures

cameladventures

PostSubject: Change of Co Driver   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 3:11 pm

Just to let everyone know due to unforseen circumstances and our emigration to France on 7th Sept Karen will not be able to participate in the Landy Rally.

We have however been lucky enough to find another co driver who was very keen to take her place. I would like to thank Mel Fletcher who will now be joining me on the Rally as my co driver and I look forward to meeting in Calais on 14th Sept.

Hope he knows what he's let himself in for. Shocked
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 12:36 am

Sorry to hear about Karen, but welcome to Mel. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 2:11 am

I'll echo that. Maybe next year Karen?

Welcome to the nut house Mel, nice to see you finally made it! Met Chalky a couple of times, sound bloke ... although keep him away from the JD No drunken No drunken No
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Tom's Reject - Chalky's gain !!   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:31 am

So having put my head above the parapet - I have finally got a co-driver seat on the rally - only just working out what this all means but I am sure I will find out in the next couple of weeks Shocked Shocked

Thanks for the welcome - the only note of sadness is that Karen can not make it.

Look forward to seeing you all in Calais - note to self must go and book my ferry Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:24 am

Welcome Mel! :alien:

Sorry Karen can't come, good luck with your emigration.

Lu and T :bom: :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Camel Adventures   Team Camel Adventures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Camel Adventures
Page 1 of 1