Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team ScoutAbout

Go down 
+5
VentureOverland
Jokdoe
Tom Mc
CarpeDiem
Mel_f
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mel_f

Mel_f

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 9:20 am

Hi All,

This year I am back with my own team "ScoutAbout", the team consists of Jok and myself. We both work with a local scout group and we are looking to raise money towards the international scouting trips that we run - Hence the Name Very Happy Very Happy

We will be driving my 110 CSW as below:

Team ScoutAbout Imgp3211

Looking forward to catching up with all those teams from last year and new teams who will be doing it for the first time this year.

Mel
Back to top Go down

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:09 am

thats a very nice and shiny landy, good luck with the fund raisng cheers

see you there
kieran,

affraid monstar
Back to top Go down
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:26 am

Likewise, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Wey hey, Mel's back for more! What a glutton for punishment!!!

‘ere, does Jok know about your halitosis, stinky feet and distemper - or does that only effect animals? Whatever, poor bloke will be in close proximity to you for seven days solid, night and day. THAT’S A WHOLE WEEK!

Good luck Jok, think you’re gonna need it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:48 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the words of encouragement - always welcome, anyway could be worse, may have been a co-driver for the organiser affraid affraid

Quote :
thats a very nice and shiny landy

Just because it is a landy, does not mean it can not be shiny Cool Cool

Thanks for your welcome back Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jokdoe

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:48 am

Thought I better join in and make myself known.

As for the halitosis, stinky feet and distemper its okay the defender has enough air flowing through it to take any smells away, by the way Mel nice picture
you posted, when are you going to photgraph yours.

jocolor Only joking, better not upset anyone before its even started.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Jok
Team ScoutAbout 2008
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:56 am

Mel_f wrote:

Just because it is a landy, does not mean it can not be shiny Cool Cool

My thoughts exactly Mel!!

Welcome by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:31 am

Quote :
Just because it is a landy, does not mean it can not be shiny

Glad it's not only me that likes a shiny Landy!!

http://www.4chas.com/vehiclepictures.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:30 am

Shiny YES... Blinged up, definately NOT!!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:34 am

Bling 'n' well up 4 it wrote:
Quote :
Just because it is a landy, does not mean it can not be shiny

Glad it's not only me that likes a shiny Landy!!

http://www.4chas.com/vehiclepictures.htm

Just had a look at your website... Specifically your 110... Im sure Ive seen it somewhere before?!?!?

I like the colour coded trailer - very smart!

Are you running -1" springs or 17 rims? It looks somehow a bit non-standard height wise but cant put my finger on how or why...

Welcome, by the way...
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:05 am

Thanks for your comments and welcome....mechanically it's completely standard but it is running on 18" rims with 60 series tyres. They will of course be changed prior to Sept!

I've had it at a few of the Land Rover shows over the last couple of years, the last one being Peterborough last Sept, so poss just seen it about at one of them?
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:23 am

...mechanically it's completely standard but it is running on 18" rims with 60 series tyres. They will of course be changed prior to Sept!

Ah ha! 18" rims... that's do it!

As for changing them before Sept - What you thinking of? I guess you cant put plain old steely's on - they'd stick out like a sore thumb! Are you wanting to increase tyre sidewall depth or simply protect the 18" rims by taking them off?
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:18 am

Mainly want to increase side wall and also 'cause these are terrible in any form of mud with their road biased tread. The other, and probably the main reason is that I only have 4 and run at the moment with a couple of tubes of the dreaded tyreweld type aerosols. Don't fancy going to Europe without a proper spare!

Quite Fancy a set of 16" rims with possibly 265/75's or 235/85's...undecided yet. Probably stick a set of BFG all terrains on for the trip, but whatever I do I'll be looking for 5 of them.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 6:54 am

Mainly want to increase side wall and also 'cause these are terrible in any form of mud with their road biased tread. The other, and probably the main reason is that I only have 4 and run at the moment with a couple of tubes of the dreaded tyreweld type aerosols. Don't fancy going to Europe without a proper spare!

Quite Fancy a set of 16" rims with possibly 265/75's or 235/85's...undecided yet. Probably stick a set of BFG all terrains on for the trip, but whatever I do I'll be looking for 5 of them.

Cheers

Dave,
Id defo recommend 235x85 R16 BFG ATs... Corking, go anywhere tyre that lasts forever.

As for Rims, depending on how much you want to spend, here's a good set of 16x7s with a 3mm Offset so you can improve your steering lock. They are an alloy rated to 1400kg and weigh only 9.8kg.

Team ScoutAbout D110_6
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 7:29 am

Quote :
Id defo recommend 235x85 R16 BFG ATs... Corking, go anywhere tyre that lasts forever.

Appreciate your thoughts....why the 235's..is it because of the increased height?

Fab looking wheels.......I take it you supply them!?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:27 am

Weve found that the 235's give better all round performance. They cut through the mud and snow better rather than "floating" ontop.

The difference in height between a 265x75 and 235x85 is about 1mm in favour of the 235's, so nothing to worry about there!

One thing to consider though... With wheels that have a small offset (or large whichever way you look at it), a 265 tyre will foul the radius arms when the lock stops are setup as standard. For example, standard LR 16" alloy rims have a 30mm (or 35mm - cant remember form memory) offset whereas the ones in the picture are 3mm - That means the inside edge of your rim is 27mm (or 32) further away from the radius arm.

Translating back into english... putting 235's on the wheels shown above will allow you to significantly increase your lock and thus reduce your turning circle!

Hope thats clear'ish!

Yes we do supply them! Why do we sell these and no others? Because of the offset, weight, and axle higher than normal rating. The fact that they look cool only adds benefit.
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:14 am

Always thought the 85's were a good bit higher than 75's....you learn something new every day! Your comments do make sense as I've had to fit 30mm spacers for the wheels that I've got on at the moment, but that was more due to them hitting the rear spring hangers. The fronts would have been okay without them.

I'll bear these thoughts in mind and try and speak with you nearer the time when I'm looking to get new rims nearer Sept.

Cheers

Dave
Back to top Go down

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:33 am

we have a set of five rusty disco steel wheels you are welcome to have Laughing all yours for the amazing price of nothing

lol!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Always thought the 85's were a good bit higher than 75's....you learn something new every day! Your comments do make sense as I've had to fit 30mm spacers for the wheels that I've got on at the moment, but that was more due to them hitting the rear spring hangers. The fronts would have been okay without them.

I'll bear these thoughts in mind and try and speak with you nearer the time when I'm looking to get new rims nearer Sept.

Cheers

Dave

Wheel Spacers affraid affraid affraid Watch those wheel bearings!

A 85 wall height will be taller than a 75 for the same width, but the wall height number (75 or 85) is a percentage height of the tread width.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Keiran you ......... Mad

Made me have one of those 'splurting tea all over the keyboard' moments. Funny or wot? There are these two being serious and talking all technical and along comes you and your rusty steels - priceless! So good in fact I won't send you the bill for the new keyboard. There, generous to a fault! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Welcome to the Funny Farm Jok!
Back to top Go down

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:50 pm

sorry slap wrist n bed time Laughing
Back to top Go down

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:58 pm

we have a set of disco alloys you can have aswell but they will cost 1 pound per wheel as are a little bit shiney Laughing

sorry tom im gone Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Nah, forget the alloys. Take up Keiran's offer of the steels and have 'em chromed. That'll save a few bob and you'll have all the bling you can handle!

Hey K, seriously, that's a great idea for your red 'n' yellow Monstar of a 90. Go for it!
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi Tom,

Please can we have a "Technical discussions" section on the forum so as these guys can go and discuss the finer points on tyre sizes geek geek or whatever and we can have our introduction to ScoutAbout back please Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team ScoutAbout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team ScoutAbout
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next