Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team ScoutAbout

Go down 
+5
VentureOverland
Jokdoe
Tom Mc
CarpeDiem
Mel_f
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 7:12 pm

As it happens Mel, not a bad idea. I'm on the case.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:16 am

sorry for hi-jacking your thread Mel!

Consider me wrists slapped lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 2:12 am

Quote :
can have our introduction to ScoutAbout back please

sorry guys.....here's me just joined and getting into bother already......shocking! Oh well, start as you mean to go on as they say!!!

Anyway...back to the real thread......welcome aboard guys from another new member. Look forward to meeting soon..(or not as the case may be after stealing your thread.....I beg forgiveness!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce

Cheers lol! )

Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Jokdoe

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:24 am

When I read on the front summary 27 replies and 175 ish views, I was thinking this bunch are really friendly all wishing us luck and the such.

Oh well nice to see our ScoutAbout introduction was useful for something.

Are there any other teams in the 2008 event that are in any way Scout related? A bit of additional rivalry never hurt anyone (or come to that other ideas for raising money and awarness of Scouting)?

Jok
Team ScoutAbout 2008
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:29 am

used to be in scouts, long story, ended up not being involved anymore

my dad ( keith ) is the treasurer for the local scout group

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:35 pm

Hay guys - the thread hijack is no real issue - did not mean to make anyone feel guilty Embarassed Embarassed

I was just asking for our thread back, but you are always welcome to talk at our table, just give me a warning next time and I will open a beer or two whilst you discuss the finer points of tyre sizes. drunken drunken

Thanks for the welcome and "Bling" it will take more than that to get into bother around here.
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:36 pm

Sorry to leave you out Mel. How about we talk about batteries, split charge systems and under-body protection... You should know all about those now Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
bofa bill

bofa bill

Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi Mel, I think it was terribuble for them to hijack your thread.
I told them not to but they jist didnae listen to me.

Now, if you fancy getting together one evening to discuss how to get them back? That would be ACE.

Over a meal, a beer or two?
(you pay of course)
and we will see what happens.cheers

inocent wills, trust me Mel, Im a man:P
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Quote :
Over a meal, a beer or two?
(you pay of course)
and we will see what happens.

I'm gettin' to know this man already.........up to anything if there's free beer involved.......I like it!!

Lets hope there's lots of beer and food involved in Sept!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 1:41 pm

there is, well if you can make it to campsite before the next days driving starts Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 3:20 pm

Plenty of beer but very little sign of food. Bet I was the only one with a built-in wine rack! cheers
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Welcome back   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:03 am

Hi Mel

Welcome back!

You must be a complete gluton for punishment!

Looking forward to seeing you there and hopefully at an event or 2 before hand!
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

PostSubject: Update !   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:33 am

Hi All

Here is an update from team ScoutAbout, Very Happy Very Happy

First off we are now supporting 2 charities, the original funding for "Over seas scouting" (hence the name) and now a local charity “Jigsaw 4 U” who are involve in helping to support children and young people, and their families, who have experienced loss and trauma and empowering them to have a voice in decision making about their lives. If you want to know more then their web site is here http://www.jigsaw4u.org.uk/

So now to the fund rising, we have managed to persuade the Local Land Rover Dealer to let us have a Voucher to their Land Rover Experience. Thank you Harwoods of Edenbridge cheers cheers cheers

We are going to put together a Raffle for this, which we will sell for a minimum donation of £1 at the local Mayfair, the Local 4x4 Market (thanks Tom) and anywhere else we can think off !! Plus set up a “Roll a 10p table” which has done well for us before.

We have started to talk to a couple of local businesses for sponsorship – the Landy is going to Le Mans in June (only to watch) so this gives more sponsorship opportunities.

So now all I need to do is get the Logos printed up and away we go.

Watch this space, I will post some pictures of the Landy at the Mayfair

Talk to you all soon

Melf and Jokdoe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:39 am

glad to hear everythings going well,

that will be a challenge and a half doing 2 charities, keep it up cheers

i raised anothr £50 through tin rattling today at a under 13's hockey tournament cheers

kieran
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi Kieran,

£50 tin rattling - that’s pretty good Laughing Laughing

I must get one of those teams - however, if I go rattling it at an under 13 hockey tournament I would probably get arrested Shocked Shocked

Mel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Laughing Laughing i was there bcause my mum was running it just to make that clear Laughing

out of interest, what method are you going to use to raise money?

kieran
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:25 pm

Monstars are going ASDA Laughing affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Standing for ...

A Strict Diet of Alcohol :?:
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Mel - my pleasure mate, go for it!

BTW, whatever happened to roll-a-penny? That's inflation for you! It's a good idea as it’s a game all ages can join in, but I know of something a whole lot better if you want to raise some decent funds at a single event. Not detracting from the excellent Land Rover Experience prize which can still be raffled, why not also run a bottle stall as well? You know the type of thing, with the ol’ raffle tickets in a bucket and the winning tickets ending in a ‘0’ or a ‘5’ stuck to the prizes? Providing you have loads of decent alcohol as bait it's irresistible not just to drunkards like me but to a wide range of people. Everyone wants something for nothing, and at 20p a ticket or six for a £1 you’ll have a queue a mile long!

In my mind the secret is (a) obviously you must have loads of prizes to make it enticing (b) don’t place too many non-winning tickets in the bucket as you need loads of winners - it encourages more folk to dig deep when they see plenty of prizes being won! (c) but most important of all you need some BIG prizes. Stalls with just a couple of bottles of cheap paint-stripper type wine are not appealing, whereas in amongst the wine/beer there lurk some decent spirits, now you’re talking. Besides knowing all the funds raised goes to a good cause, the chance of winning a bottle of brandy or similar for £1 has a strong pull; can’t think why??? The vast majority of prizes will be donated of course, but you may have to invest in a couple of bottles of whisky/vodka if nobody donates any. Practically everyone you ask should be able to provide a bottle of wine or at the very least a couple beers, if not they are not worth knowing! How many friends and neighbours will have a bottle left over from Christmas they would willingly part with? LOADS! Providing you know them, this will also work in your local grocery shop, off licence or whoever sells booze. Whereas they may not part with cash, a bottle is a different matter entirely. In fact a shop doesn't even have to sell alcohol as the same applies to them as well – they like the rest of us will have a bottle of something sitting indoors gathering dust ... with your name on it! You could always embarrass the parents in your local Scout pack into raiding their drinks cabinets. Again, with no cash passing hands folk would be more willing to help out, plus if it’s a bottle they have indoors that will never be drunk, you’ll be doing them a favour! It’s a sure fire winner Mel, all you need is the bottle to ask. Sorry!

In fact, if you have a bottle stall at the 4x4 Market at Tulley’s Farm, West Sussex in May, I’ll be the first to donate a bottle of gold watch. There, you have your first big prize, now it’s down to you to get the rest. Go Mel go!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the words of wisdom - unlike you to suggest anything to do with drink drunken drunken

Like your thinking, the only issue I have is that we continually tap the parents of the group – in fact some think we have a direct debit to their accounts Very Happy Shocked Very Happy So the idea of this is that we tap into a new source of income Laughing Laughing

Let me give this some thought for the 4x4 Market - certainly is the right arena for this sort of fund raising.

As for the roll a 10p - a few low cost ideas can be found here that some may find useful http://www.bakerross.co.uk/category-Fundraising-FUND.htm

Melf
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Silly me, teaching you how to suck eggs. In your line you must know all the tricks of fund-raising, and of course it never ever occured to me about the parents. They must be hit on all the time. Do like your description of folk thinking you have a "direct debit to their accounts".

Yep, leave it to you as you'll know which way you want to go; bonne chance mon ami!
Back to top Go down
Jokdoe

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:24 am

I don't know you stop looking at a site for a couple of days Sleep , come back and find you are doing loads of things at the May Fair.

Seriously Mel are you going to post the pictures of the Defender with sponsors names when completed - brothers have agreed to £100 (£50 per gun flap) they just dont know it yet Twisted Evil

Have you thought of charging an entrance fee on Saturday?

Jokdoe
ScoutAbout
Back to top Go down
Mel_f

Mel_f

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:37 pm

Thought you guys may like to see how the Landy's looking, got the first set of Logos on thanks to Lee at Custom Graphics - Highly recommend anyone looking for graphics to talk to him.

Off to the local May Day fair on Monday to Raffle of a Land Rover experience and run "Roll a 10p" game

Will give you all an update Monday night.

Talk to you all soon

Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Imgp3310
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team ScoutAbout   Team ScoutAbout - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team ScoutAbout
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2