Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)

Go down 
+4
paul
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
Tom Mc
bofa bill
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lady V

Lady V

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-06-09

MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:39 pm

what's this extra one we might need to get??
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Lady V wrote:
what's this extra one we might need to get??

The extra ones already included in the bundle above

D
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Maps, navigation, getting there.   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Just to clarify....

Seven maps. The map numbers and ISBN numbers on the LandyRally website are the complete set.
There was a little confusion last year, too, over the maps, because some of the maps are advertised in a different language to the cover title.
If in doubt, check the ISBN number and the date on the map.

New maps are a good idea
Even last year, road numbers and road layouts changed between the roadbook planning/map printing and the event. Our 2 month old Garmin European mapset was out of date enough for us to get completely lost on a road section that wasn't on the 2007 maps we had on board. (Wonderful smooth tarmac, though.)

Use paper to plan days driving
Take highlighter pens (shouldn't that be in the rules, Tom?) to mark your planned route on paper maps. Computer based maps are great when they work, but paper doesn't crash, boots quicker than Windows, can cope with some rain, and you don't need to mess with the zoom level to find town names. Write on the map as you go, as well as when you plan. It's not nice to wake up in the navigators seat at 1am somewhere in France and have to suddenly figure out where you were in the road book, and where you are now on the map. It also makes filling in the blank pages of your diary easier afterwards!

HTH
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Quote :
(Wonderful smooth tarmac, though.)

did we do a differant rally? Laughing

i agree with andy, they are building new road layouts like rabbits over there, the worst place we found was in a swiss city where half of it was closed off and all the signs were in a funny language scratch
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Although not compulsory, highlighter pens are advisory - essential even - as is a map light for the co-driver, a clip board or something solid to write on, one of those stick on pen holders, and very important - a floating or electronic compass. My floating-type compass cost all of £8 and it one of the best investments I've made.

Along with these navigational aids, I would also recommend a cheap and cheerful plastic hook on cup/can holder from Wilkinsons for each person on board, plus if possible a 12v plug-in mini-fridge picked up at a boot sale for £10 (ideal for a couple of cans of Red Bull, Lilt or whatever). Basically both these items make life more comfy in the cab whilst on the road.

You'll find between the reconnoitre (resulting in the Road Book being created) and the actual event, junctions have become roundabouts, new roads have been opened and some roads have disappeared altogether! Such is life, one just has to adapt and get on with it ... it's all part of the adventure.
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:43 am

Got me maps delivered Sat morning.
Full 7 Maps.
Next day delivery.
From Phil @ The basic roamer company.

One more thingy I can score oot of the list.

noo, tae sort oot a new rad.

Last edited by bofa bill on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
pinkpeople

pinkpeople

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:46 am

Woopee Very Happy we have got all our maps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkpeople.biz
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:19 pm

......and us, all our maps arrived from Amazon today cheers As Bill said - one more job complete cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 pm

Opps, silly me. Just realised that was the wrong list I gave you! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:05 pm

Tom Mc wrote:

Looks like you'll be doin' a new recce then Tom using our maps!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:31 pm

Ah, but you're assuming I used maps on the recce. Smile
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Tom Mc wrote:

Baith Pam and I are bigger than you Tam....................Remember that
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)   MAPS?  package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAPS? package? 2 x prices 2 x suppliers (jist in case)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2