Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend

Go down 
+9
VentureOverland
Crazy~Johno
paul
DrivingMissDaisy
tpb4x4
Sylvia Johnson
loncbt
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
Tom Mc
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:46 pm

I'm in the process of organising a Christmas do for Sat 13th & Sun 14th December 2008. Kym's idea - Team Slow & Dirty - so you can blame her! Twisted Evil

As it happens, I've got to concede it's a damn good idea so I've come up up with one of my imfamous 'cunning plans' ...

My idea is to hold the dinner at a restaurant adjacent to a Premier Inn (£50 a night jobbie) in the Northamptonshire area. This way not only will give folk from all points of the compass a fair crack at attending as the hotel's not devilishly expensive, we can also simply stagger from the eatery to our beds. It's also worth noting these restaurants are always Chef & Brewer/Hungry Horse/Harvester-type places - inexpensive in the great scheme of things plus the fare will suit most palates.

To add a bit of spice to the proceedings, I have also contacted the Northamptonshire GLASS (Green Lane Association) representative so we can do a bit of 'laning Saturday and/or Sunday. I'll relay the latest news via this thread as I receive it.

Who's up for it?

Last edited by Tom Mc on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:49 pm

im up for it Laughing
cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:54 pm

You would be, it's only a stone's throw for you. Think of poor ol' Bling and Bidgimire up there in that there Scottishland place. Shame we can't go up there (plenty of pork!!!) but I've had to go with the majority - that's life!

However, there's nothing to stop us holding an off-roading weekend up there some day. Any excuse!!! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:08 pm

i cant through stones that far Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:19 pm

I'd be up for it - long journey but would be good to meet up with everyone again!

D
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:25 pm

If funds are available (xmas and 5 kids!!!!!) and an offroader to rebuild then we'll be there
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Why don't you Scots get together and either come down in one vehicle or in a convoy? In fact you could collect the Landies of the Yorksire and Lancashire crowds en route.

Not so far for you to travel Ian, but the same goes for the Taffs. Get together and form a convoy ... just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:12 pm

If you decide to do this, let us know and we'll join up with you in Nottinghamshire
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4

tpb4x4

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:41 am

I should be up for this....will have to check with my PA lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mac4x4challenge.co.uk
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:09 am

Not sure if we're about that weekend but how about contacting Gavin @ Ironstone about a play day on the Sunday.
shameless plug!.......http://www.ironstone-events.co.uk.......shameless plug!

Laughing santa

Hope everyone is okay.
Best Wishes
Clare
---------------
'Driving Miss Daisy'
Back to top Go down
paul

paul

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:27 am

Sorry folks would love to come along to the christmas bash santa santa but we will be in Teneriffe sunning ourselves, sunny sunny what a shame the get lost crew will be one down!
have plenty of beers for the both of us. lol! lol!

Pip and Paul.
Northern Rival.
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:30 am

yeah were up for that, pay and play or laning sounds good :d if theres a convoy heading down the M1/A1 then we can meet you somewhere en route Wink :cyclops: jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:32 am

I'll have to OK with the boss and check funds closer to the date...

It'll probably be my first weekend free after coming back from Oz....

Otherwise try and stop me coming!!

Excellent idea Tom
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:44 am

Should be able to attend, and will check if hannaH's free that weekend, too.

M1 convoy .... yeah ... if you don't mind 60-65 on the M1, sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:52 am

60 - 65mph is ideal cruise control territory... and it makes the liquid gold go a lot further than when sat @ 90 (I'd imagine!!!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:19 am

yeah, if theres off roading then ill have the yellow wheels out so wont be able to go too fast drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:32 am

Crazy~Johno wrote:
yeah, if theres off roading then ill have the yellow wheels out so wont be able to go too fast drunken

I may actually be able to go faster with the off-road wheels fitted Smile
I still haven't figured out if my 65 limit is caused by unbalanced wheels or something else borken... but it saves the go-juice, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Can't take credit for this one Jon, the Christmas dinner get-together is the idea of Kym & Adam of Slow 'n' Dirty.

Also, courtesy of GLASS I've just found out that Northampton is virtually closed green lane-wise. Loads of TRO's (Traffic Restriction Orders) and winter closures. Looking at other options, Warwickshire being next on the list of preferences. WATCH THIS SPACE!
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4

tpb4x4

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 2:40 am

tpb4x4 wrote:
I should be up for this....will have to check with my PA lol!

I will be able to make it on the saturday but will have to leave very early
on the Sunday as I am off to Race Of Champions at Wembley stadium on
the Sunday...
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:57 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Looking at other options, Warwickshire being next on the list of preferences.

Went to a great party at Warwick Castle a few years ago. Lots of policemen/women from around Europe, a suitcase of Polish vodka, wenches to bring free beer, and a menu of pork, ham, gammon, bacon and gravy ....

Can we go there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 2:49 pm

hello,
if you struggle with warick try derbyshire, i know its a little further north but its well worth the trip,
and theres some awsome lanes and pubs that im testing out lol!

north nottinghamshire has some pretty nice lanes too,
so does lincolnshire, but i think lincolnshire suffered alot from the introduction of restricted byways Evil or Very Mad
a lad on my course, his dad has the keys to the driffield off-road site
which i will be trying out when i figured out where to get the money for my newly knacked suspension

its sounding like a good trip already!

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:39 am

...or Parkwood Off-Road site near Bradford has a hotel opposite that does food, beer and discounted rooms for offroaders Smile
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:52 pm

........or even better, why not just take the bull by the horns (easy Tim, I said bull, not sheep!!) and head up to bonnie Scotland an' we'll have another snowball fight...dare to be different!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

At this rate we'll have covered the whole of the UK (Landy Rally style of course) Now there's a different idea for Landy Rally. My only concern is that the Roadrunners and Monstars never arrive in time to eat !! oh well breakfast bars,and tiffin all washed down with Red Bull. Or for Slow and dirty Lucoflap again !!
Back to top Go down
tpb4x4

tpb4x4

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:16 am

Sylvia Johnson wrote:
At this rate we'll have covered the whole of the UK (Landy Rally style of course) Now there's a different idea for Landy Rally. My only concern is that the Roadrunners and Monstars never arrive in time to eat !! oh well breakfast bars,and tiffin all washed down with Red Bull. Or for Slow and dirty Lucoflap again !!

I've got some EAT NATURAL Breakfast Bars if ya'd like some!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next