Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED

Go down 
+7
Smego
loncbt
andybloke
VentureOverland
Keith Johnson
Crazy~Johno
Tom Mc
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Empty
PostSubject: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:54 am

Okay, enough dithering! Due to work commitments, a multitude of office/works do’s folk can’t wriggle out of, family get-togethers, Christmas shopping and suchlike, it was getting harder by the minute to find a pre-Christmas date to please everyone. To add to the problem, with so many places booked solid leading up to Christmas, I’ve therefore come up with an itinerary with dates between Christmas and the New Year. See what you think of the following:-

Much like Landy Rally itself, the Landy Rally Club "Christmas/New Year Weekend" will contain several choices. The full monty will feature - off-roading Saturday at an off-road course, then on to a hotel for an overnight stay, the Christmas meal Saturday night, and finally Greenlaning on Sunday to blow the cobwebs away. Either join us for the lot or simply the meal Saturday night … up to you entirely.

THESE DATES ARE NOW SET IN STONE.

Sat 27th Dec 2008:
Off-roading at Sibbertoft 4x4 Centre, Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire until about 4pm (or when it gets dark), then a short 12 mile road run to the Travelodge in Nuneaton, wash-up & brush-up, change for din dins, 12 minute walk to the Beefeater Restaurant, stagger back to the Travelodge. Pub/cinema/etc. for those who want to continue partying.

BOOK YOUR OWN ROOM – from only £19 per night if booked online! Obviously book ASAP to secure a room.

Sun 28th Dec 2008:
I’m in the process of arranging some Greenlaning for the Sunday. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING US AS NUMBERS WILL BE LIMITED.

OFF-ROADING:
Sibbertoft 4x4 Centre
Welford Road
Market Harborough
Leicestershire
LE16 9UJ
http://www.o-g-x.co.uk

Sibbertoft 4x4 is located near Husbands Bosworth, 6 miles east of Junct. 20 of the M1 between Lutterworth and Market Harborough. If you have Sat Nav the venue’s postcode is LE16 9UJ, if you don’t then simply follow the A4304 east towards Husbands Bosworth & head to the Gliding School off the A50. The sign at the entrance will say “Avalanche Adventure”.

Food on site – bacon/egg/sausage sarnies, decent burgers, etc. 10.00 – 16.00ish.

Cost is £15 per vehicle. Degree of difficultly from very easy through to downright impossible. We have exclusive use of the site!

ACCOMODATION:
Travelodge Nuneaton Bedworth Hotel
A444 Southbound
Bedworth
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV10 7TF
0871 984 6062
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=108

Book online for a Twin Room @ only £19 (that's a single bed plus bedding for a pull out sofa bed - you'll have to argue who gets the proper bed) to £51 for a Family Room (basically a double bed). Me I've booked a £19 jobbie and taking a king-size air bed and duvet, that'll do the trick! Laughing

Check in from 3pm Sat, check out by noon Sun.

Most credit card payments will incur an additional charge of £1.50
Most debit cards appear to be free

EVENING MEAL:
Beefeater Restaurant
Griff House
Coventry Road
Nuneaton
CV10 7PJ
02476 343584
http://www.beefeater.co.uk/ourRestaurants/locator/details/?id=15&q=CV10+7TF
Extensive menu, basically something for everyone including Christmas fare. Order and pay on the day.

Need to know …

1. Team name and exactly what vehicle off-roading Saturday at Sibbertoft? (some teams will arrive with two vehicles, therefore I need a description of each vehicle).

2. Name of each individual attending evening meal? (need to inform Beefeater approx. number of bums on seats).

3. If ’laning on the Sunday, your team name and what vehicles? (need to know numbers of vehicles likely to attend as overall convoy will have to be split into 3 or 4 smaller groups)

Ta!

Anyone can join us whether they have taken part in Landy Rally or not, or are members of the Landy Rally Club. This being the case, all friends, relatives, potential Landy Rally victims – sorry, ‘participants’ – are eligible and most welcome.
cheers santa
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:31 am

Ill be there Very Happy will be in the Frontera, doing the full monty, Was in team monstar new team name unknown..when do you need the £15? drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:33 am

Good point. Leave it for the moment, will let you know. Let's build a list first:-

Team Marc + Manda (that'll do for now) - Frontera
Tom Mc + B.O.H - RR Classic

That's a start!
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:14 pm

You can add team Road Runners santa santa and we will be in Lenny. We will have to miss the Sibbertoft scramble but have booked in at Nuneaton and will be there for the greenlaning. We will have our own mini Landy Rally by going to Nuneaton via Liverpool but at least we won't have to put a tent up in the dark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:15 pm

lol!

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:50 am

Guys,
My entry is going to have to be last minute Im afraid...

Dont know if Mrs Venture is planning on a Christmas holiday yet (last 3 years we've been away) - No doubt that will be decided during November! Also, I dont know what a month in Australia's gonna cost over and above what Ive already spent:shock: Shocked Shocked

All I can say now is that if I can, I will!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:04 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Book online for a Twin Room @ only £19 (that's a single bed plus bedding for a pull out sofa bed - you'll have to argue who gets the proper bed) to £51 for a Family Room (basically a double bed). Me I've booked a £19 jobbie and taking a king-size air bed and duvet, that'll do the trick!

We're booked in. Family room (Double bed), Friday and Saturday nights, £19 per night.

We're heading down the evening before rather than put hannaH through 3 hours on road, followed immediately by 3 hours offroad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:35 am

'ow you do that? It clearly says on their website that it's £19 for a twin, £51 for what they call a family room - complete with a twin bed. What's the secret????
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:51 am

Tom Mc wrote:
'ow you do that? It clearly says on their website that it's £19 for a twin, £51 for what they call a family room

It says £51 next to Family Room, and £19 next to Twin Occupancy .... but they aren't related.

£51 is the normal room rate, £19 is the advanced booking rate. That's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:16 am

put down team monstar 2010 cheers
( 2 of us for now )
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:37 am

yeah i remember the hard work and the decision making process on monday night for that... drunken drunken that reminds me ought to get saving for '09 sunny bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:08 pm

Soz guys but we aint gonna be able to make it....too much on in such a short space of time, and due to my job they require that 70% of us are in work on any reqd day, so i aint got a lot off over the festive season. Twisted Evil

But if ever any of you are thinking of coming to our wondrous part of the country give us a bell.

and if you fancy a weekend here in May then check the events on www.swporc.co.uk we have a great weekend in deepest mid wales arranged. :afro:
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:05 am

Shame, that's the one major problem with Christmas do's as you're never gonna get everyone there. That's life!

May well take you up on the May bash though - talk about it later.
Back to top Go down
Smego

Smego

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Wow that's like right oop north....
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:11 am

Forget it Smeghead, you'd get nose-bleed that far north, either that or take an oxygen mask! Razz
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 6:32 am

All booked up now Razz going down the friday night so dont have to make the trek on the sat morning geek

who else is going? are there any LR07 people going? bounce bounce should be a good laugh pirat
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 1:28 pm

Crazy~Johno wrote:
All booked up now Razz going down the friday night so dont have to make the trek on the sat morning geek

who else is going? are there any LR07 people going? bounce bounce should be a good laugh pirat

Yeah. I'm a 2007 kinda person. I should be at the hotel on Friday, too.
Back to top Go down
Dean McGuigan

Dean McGuigan

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 1:41 pm

Team 'Range Ravers' are all booked for some festive fun santa cheers drunken rendeer

Thats right Helen and myself will be along in my box of fun a.k.a my RR classic and we'll be doing the full caboodle off roading sat, piss up after and laning sunday- happy days cheers

Were also trying to rustle others up as well- more the merrier i say!

Roll on the 27th.................
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:45 am

So is it just the McGuigans, the Johnsons and meself?

Jon?

Oh ... and anyone happen to know what facilities are at the offroad site? There any enclosed seating areas that aren't porta-loo's?
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:28 pm

theres been rumour of a get lost crew being there but not sure and also of a slow and dirty gang with lucoflap?? do all the other teams know about it? as some teams wernt on the website?
would it be worth setting up a "Landy Rally News letter/bulliton thing" where all people who have been part of Landy Rally and want to be included in a news letter can be im know a person not too far away who has a piece of software for mass emails like that and it might encourage people to come back to LR09 as they can be kept up to date of progress on the rally as there are alot of teams who dont log onto this site but do have email, it could contain things like upcoming events that orange will be present and write ups of other events and a summary of whats happening, as its around this time of year and over the next few months most people will be thinking well 2008 is pretty much over so what are we going to do in 2009 and if people have this newsletter for this great event that they have done in 2008 or 2007 and think oow well i would really fancy a go at that again, as each one is totally different with a whole different route each with its own unique set of challenges as well as the different challenges set up by the event directors. people could have the ability to subscribe to this newsletter by the website (like registering interest for the 2009 rally) and opt out at any time (obviously would have to be a opt in so it isnt spamming people) but i dont think it would take long to set up and once its up and running alls it would need is one newsletter creating and being put into this software and then bobs your uncle (well not quite hes called something else) you got yourself a quarterly newsletter or something of the likes

err i think went off topic but had an idea and kept going Rolling Eyes bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:23 am

Marc, I'm gonna get you a bucket of full-stops and linefeeds for christmas!

There's a newsletter system "in the works" ... but I've not told Tom yet, and he's the one with the email address list.
Back to top Go down
Smego

Smego

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:14 am

Would love to come but no one to have the Kids :-(

Have to be in the chrysler as I would not drive that far in the Toyota...
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:23 am

Apparently the hotel is now fully booked but there is one just down the road where i think Adam, Kym and Sol are stopping bounce
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 9:37 am

Crazy~Johno wrote:
Apparently the hotel is now fully booked but there is one just down the road where i think Adam, Kym and Sol are stopping bounce

There's the one nextdoor to the pub we'll be eating at, too.

Hopefully Red will be up to all the travelling ... Tyres should be sorted out tomorrow morning, suspension, tidying up and new CB on Thursday...

How long does it take to replace a pair of UJ's on the front propshaft?
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:30 am

i thought thats the one we were stopping at? well i thought that was the one i had booked into if not i have no idea where im stopping, that reminds me i need to put my CB back in bounce bounce santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED   Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landy Rally Club Xmas/New Year Weekend - DATES ANNOUNCED
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next