Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

disco door

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
paul

paul

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-08

disco door Empty
PostSubject: disco door   disco door Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:43 am

hey just thought i would ask as there is a wealth of knowledge in there pages sorry thought i would start wil a joke.
Anyway i need to change the tail gate hinges on my disco i have the new hinges but have noticed that on the bottom hinge it is different and is not secured to the tailgate with bolts can i replacethese with normal bolts???
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

disco door Empty
PostSubject: Re: disco door   disco door Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:02 am

paul wrote:
I need to change the tail gate hinges on my disco i have the new hinges but have noticed that on the bottom hinge it is different and is not secured to the tailgate with bolts can i replacethese with normal bolts???

The bottom hinge (On Red, at least) is bolted in place (same as top), but there is a plate welded to the hinge that's rivited to the door...

The plate is probably to stop the weight of the door and spare wheel shearing the single bolt off at the first bump.
I can't spot a place to get nuts on but I assume you could use any fixing there, so long as the bolt heads don't hit the frame.

I need to replace my hinges, too, as that metal bit's snapped off, and the door's drooping quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
paul

paul

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-08

disco door Empty
PostSubject: door   disco door Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:04 am

right cheers

yeah the bottom is riveted on i am asuming i can just bolt the new one on with flat head bolts ?? well we willsee tomorrow lol

cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

disco door Empty
PostSubject: Re: disco door   disco door Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi Paul, good to hear from you. My advice is swap said Disco for a real vehicle - a Rangie - then you would have a bottom tailgate to sit/stand on/picnic table/workbench/love-making plinth (was going to describe it as a 'shagging bench', but this being a family forum I relented - opps! Embarassed ) plus umpteen other uses, plus a top tailgate to keep the rain off. Adaptable or wot?

Discos ... pah! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

disco door Empty
PostSubject: Re: disco door   disco door Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:33 am

Don't listen to Tom he's just jealous because his Strangie didnt get as much attention as my Disco - thats a REAL head turner (or did I mean stomach turner ?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net

disco door Empty
PostSubject: Re: disco door   disco door Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:47 pm

ahh yes lenny got the attention all because it was towing a broken landy missing a bonnet with bits hanging around, at least we could chat on andys radio ( the only working bit )
forgot to mention range rovers are a little like cats ( scared of water )
must send that back to you

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

disco door Empty
PostSubject: Re: disco door   disco door Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

disco door
Page 1 of 1