Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club Empty
PostSubject: Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club   Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi there, apd2009 and myself are now fully committed( or should be) bounce We saw Tom at Gaydon on Sunday and handed over our entrance dosh for the rally. BTW we had a couple of very fine pints of Slaughterhouse Ale from Warwick while we were there, well it would be rude not to tongue
Just trying to get it all together now in our heads of what we need to take with us. Number 1 on the list is a new clutch, it has been on the way out for quite a while now, nasty noises and working like an on/off switch. Thrust bearing or clutch fork I would think Mad I might be taking a wheel bearing or two with me, I have been having a run on them just recently. Maybe something to do with the places I have putting it, same goes for brake pads. Still I would guess that Tom won't be asking us to do anything too extreme but you never know Twisted Evil
Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
CarpeDiem

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club   Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 11:42 pm

Welcome from team Land Rovers and wine!

Sorry to hear about your Landy, hope it's alright for the rally, mine's just blown a head gasket. Evil or Very Mad

Land Rovers? Don't you just love them?

All the best, Mark
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club   Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 11:48 pm

No worries it will be sorted by then. Sorry to hear about your head gasket, I have replied to your concerns in another section and mentioned check your rad core.
Best of luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club   Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:04 am

Mark,
As LuckyTrucker man says... check the rad. Dont bother looking at it from the front, 99% certain it'll be OK. Get you hand and hands in around the back. They tend to have a habbit of allowing the cooling fins to rot off the core.

Ive seen this happen on many a LR. Front of rad looks fine, at the back it could be completely shagged.

Also, make sure your thermostat is not sticking and water pump spinning.

Im assuming you didnt have any water leaks before you set off...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club   Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:52 pm

Team TV4x4 club are right in it now - right up to your necks! tongue Anyway chaps and chapesses, you seen my post in Shows & Events yet? Real good news with another larger than life character in the fold. Love it when a plan comes together!

Poor ol' CarpeDiem though, what a bummer. Now I know why you haven't got 'Lucky' in your username.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club   Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 1:41 pm

hello
welcome from Monstar

we have had bad luck with wheel bearings recently

cheers
kieran
affraid
Back to top Go down
batfink

batfink

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club   Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Ahoy threre landy lovers welcome from Fred and wes the selsey sharks. im jealous of all the funky pictures next to your user names. I want one. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club   Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fully Committed Team TV4x4 Club
Page 1 of 1