Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

winter shows

Go down 
+3
TonySLROC
DrivingMissDaisy
Tom Mc
7 posters
AuthorMessage

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 1:19 pm

hello,
this year being the first year of having much to do with land rovers/4x4's. i dont know when the shows are,
are there any more shows/events this year? apart from sodbury sort out which we wont be able to make

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:13 pm

In a word ... NO! Show-wise there won't be anything much now until the indoor 4x4 Show at Donnington in February, just off-road days.

Fact is indoor venues cost even more to hire and there just isn't enough money in the Land Rover scene ... actually there is but the owners are just too tight to shell out for anything decent. Sodbury proves the point - if a seller wants £10 for a part, the buyer will instantly want to pay no more then £3 or 4. Cynical - me??????
Back to top Go down
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-07

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:02 am

I'll hope to organise a play day at Ironstone as soon as possible so there'll be a get together at least before Christmas, if you're up for it.

Cheers
Clare
"Driving Miss Daisy"
Back to top Go down
TonySLROC

TonySLROC

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-20

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Events   winter shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 2:24 am

We have plenty of great events at SLROC. Remember we have our own 5 off road courses. If anyone is interested PM me for deatils. We also have some family events still to come.
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalsolution.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 2:41 am

That's what this "Shows & Events" section is for. If any of the Landy Rally 2007 teams wish to publicise events they are associated with, much in the same way that Thames Valley 4x4 Club have, you are more than welcome to promote them here. It’s a great way of staying in touch and meeting up every so often.

I will however monitor this section carefully for it's bound to happen at some stage that 'outsiders' will use the forum simply as a free advertising springboard, in which case the delete key will come into it’s own; I have the power! Twisted Evil

Post away Miss D/Tony as and when!
Back to top Go down

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 3:13 am

always interested in an off-road day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 3:55 am

kieran wrote:
always interested in an off-road day Very Happy

I thought Pinky spent most of the time off the road, anyway Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 5:11 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 3:36 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that Andybloke can be so bitchy :face: Don't know what he is on about. Hey Miss D, whereabouts is Ironstone, not near Ironbridge by any chance??????? I enjoy going to other people's events cos I get to do some playing instead of having to keep my "Captain Sensible" head on affraid
Ofcorse don't forget TV 4x4 Club, we have a meeting first Sunday of every month. Our next one is our Children in need meeting at our own site near Reading. All profits to C.I.N. So come on down, you know you want to
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 3:15 pm

hello,
been thinking is there any plans to do anything at christmas?

Tony how big are your clubs off road sites? and where are they,
we could organise some sort of christmas off road weekend or somthing

Andy bloke : i hope and pray that i dont break any thing else on the landy because i seem to have fallen out with the scrap yard boss so i might actually have to buy somthing new Shocked

any one here been to or herd of drum clog? type it in you tube, i want to go there Laughing

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
DrivingMissDaisy

DrivingMissDaisy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-07-07

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:35 am

looking at 17th Nov or 8th Dec for a day @ Ironstone (www.ironstone-events.co.uk)

Will post details as I get organised!

Clare
"Driving Miss Daisy"
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

Number of posts : 145

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: drumclog   winter shows Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:24 am

just had a look at youtube for "drumclog" river.

That looks failry extreme.

Not sure how the BCM and ECU in mine would cope with that as they are fitted under the seats.
Back to top Go down
TonySLROC

TonySLROC

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-04-20

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Kieran   winter shows Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 6:19 am

Hi Kieran,
Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I have been to busy sorting out the new Range Rover Sport Laughing . If you go to www.slroc.com you will get an idea of how big our 5 courses are and all about our other club events.

Regards

Tony
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalsolution.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 6:35 pm

Drumclog? Good site including a river running through the middle, friendly people, firkin cold!!!

Doubt if your 90 would ever make it there Kieran, it's up in Scotland! Razz
Back to top Go down
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:31 am

Tom that was a gooooooooooooood site & what an event!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes even I was not wearing shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked :suspect: affraid
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:08 am

Even better in the bar afterwards! I was relatively sensible that day if I recall ('relative' being the idea cop out), for it was not me who fell asleep on the loo and fell off his bar stool ... was it Andrew?????? Embarassed drunken Embarassed drunken

Ah, happy days! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:30 am

Laughing now now tom my pinkys a smooth running machine ( currantly with no hand brake ) Laughing

get your self down or up for you to the weekend at iron stone be fun to tow a range rover out Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

winter shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter shows   winter shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

winter shows
Page 1 of 1