Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SNOW!!!

Go down 
+3
VentureOverland
Tom Mc
theshortwayround
7 posters
AuthorMessage

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:52 pm

who else got to play in the snow?

SNOW!!! Dsc00010

never had so many snow ball fights Laughing
Back to top Go down
theshortwayround

theshortwayround

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-26

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 5:56 am

Sad Crying or Very sad Bastards.

I'm jealous No

:arrow:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshortwayround.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:58 pm

Not me, last week had enough to last a lifetime! No
Back to top Go down

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:36 pm

SNOW!!! Dsc02310

did you drive the astra to the snow, did it come home again? Laughing

why dont we get more weather like this ?
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:53 am

Bollocks. I go down to London for a few days, get pi**ing wet through and at the same time you guys must have been playing in the snow...

When & where???
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 11:07 am

As Kieran & Co. are based in Nottinghamshire, I'd guess at the Peak District, although it's so open it looks more like the Yorskhire Moors.

Looks good, although just a dusting and no 10ft high snow-banks like I just had in Czech Republic and Poland! Sorry mate, it's called 'one-upmanship'.
Back to top Go down

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 11:18 am

yh you guessed it, this was in the peak district Laughing i think england would be wiped out by 10ft of snow judging by the way the poeple were driving with just a dusting (2mph all the way Evil or Very Mad) and apparently some ramblers unscrewed some wheel nuts while we were in the pub at the end, my front wheel was loose strangly ( one of the land rover owners rang us back to say all of his whell nuts had come loose on the way home Evil or Very Mad) and they say we are the rude ones Evil or Very Mad , i couldnt even loosen this wheel when i tried due to the tyre company tightening the nuts up impossibly tight because i complained about the tyres letting the selves down.

snow and the smell of fresh burnt cooking oil, what more could you want,

tom: i think you should write a novel like one of those epic explorer people alot of people from school who like to read the forum over my sholder say you sound like thomas cook or what ever his name was Laughing tom m cook Laughing

kieran
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:49 pm

kieran wrote:
apparently some ramblers unscrewed some wheel nuts while we were in the pub at the end, my front wheel was loose strangly ( one of the land rover owners rang us back to say all of his whell nuts had come loose on the way home Evil or Very Mad)

Bloody hell.... That's reckless endangerment, verging on attempted murder in the snow!

Have you asked the pub if they have CCTV footage of the car park, and asked the police if it's happened before?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:59 pm

no we just sort of went round checked all the wheel nuts on the remaining landys there sent a warning call out to all people involved in the day and tottled on with getting lost on small country roads in the pitch black snow with brick walls coming from all angles.

its funny how they dare say we are the wreckless unsociable folks who aim to distroy there perfect green peaced up planet Mad
it almost doesnt seem worth getting any police involved anymore after all the trouble we had at the indian restuarant i used to work at nothing at all was done ( must come in a riot van to mansfield if you dare enter Laughing ) just smile and wave at them is the best tactic

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 5:06 am

Not the first time I've heard of this sort of thing happening. NIMBY's the lot of 'em!

A book, that's novel - sorry. Certainly would be some experiences to draw on. Funny enough, talking of dragging up the past, Rafe just sent me an email asking if I was connected with a show in the late 90's - I was, and I found a link to a club website describing their weekend there.

http://home.clara.net/rigden/offroad/reports/wpi98/wpi98.htm

The show was called Weston Park International, held in Stafforsdshire it ran from 1997-99. It was the best 4x4 show there's ever been in the UK, not my words but of those who attended. Shame the V Festival came along to spoil our fun. S**t happens.
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 5:19 am

Are you in the 5th picture down - right hand side - with the lady? :cyclops:

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 7:48 am

Yes that was magoo after he was throwen in the mud run!!!!!!!!!!!! So much for being the BOSS Twisted Evil drunken geek lol! Andy ps yes I was there Embarassed
Back to top Go down
nat_hale

nat_hale

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-10-02

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 11:08 am

Hi all,

Tom, Andy, I remember the Weston Park shows, even tho I was only "little" then!!! Went 1997 and 1998... 1997 was a little damp if I remember rightly!!

I definately remember those big military machines!! 10 years ago... blimey!! They were good shows tho, lots going on if I remember rightly! Spent ages watching the mud-run fun!!

All the best,
Nat
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:41 am

Yep, as Andy confirmed that was me, head-to-toe mud after the b******s chucked me in the 300ft!!!!!!! mud run. Now that WAS a mud run! The slogan of the show? Beware of Flying Mud. This came about when a 'mate' of mine - a nutter called Martin Briant (Andy's broken into a cold sweat at the very mention of his name) attacked the mud run with such ferocity that his Nissan Patrol launched itself into the air before returning to earth (or should I say mud) with an almighty thwack! Of course this resulted in mud of porridge-like consistency showering the massive crowd, all of which thought it hilarious …well, 99.9% of them.

There was one family from the Midlands - Dudley, Wolverhampton or some other hell hole (nah, not really, just winding up Captain Chaos. Don't worry mate, you’ll be as rite as rairn … very well Razz ) who moaned about being splattered with mud. I’ve gotta say everyone around them said … “don’t be daft, we’re watching a mud run for heaven’s sake, what do you expect?” But still they whinged. In the end, the venue management gave them their money back, told them to go and not bother coming back. They had seen their type before, just waiting for something to go wrong so they could ask for their money back. Unfortunately it worked, but as the venue owners said, it was best to get rid of them pronto rather than spend the rest of the day with their moans and groans upsetting all around. The upshot was, thereafter every mud run had warning signs … BEWARE OF FLYING MUD! This then appeared on t-shirts, fleeces, mugs, pens … Happy days!

And the lady accosting yours truly in the photo? That was no lady Lu, that was ‘Jugs Jacqui’ (explanation NOT required nor forthcoming), a great gal from Northern Ireland. Both Badger and Andy will remember her. Secretary of Northern Ireland Land Rover Club and Treasurer of Northern Ireland 4x4 Club, yes you could say she was well into the off-road scene – especially as there was only two off-road clubs in NI at the time! She was also an aromatherapist and part-time masseuse; NO I won’t enlighten you on that either! As it happens I recall her getting into motoring journalism through some introductions of mine, resulting in articles for an Irish 4x4 magazine in Eire. Happy days indeed!

Strewth, where did those 10 years go Nat? Yep, we woke on a sunny Sunday morning in `97 to the news that Di died in a French underpass (bloody French) and then a monsoon decided to pass over the Midlands at about 2pm washing out the entire show and half of the surrounding counties. If you recall lakes instantly formed, it was that bad. Mind you, the image of Wayne (Captain Chaos' teammate in the Scally Rally) towing John Craddock's fully laden artic out of those lakes was something I'll never forget. "You can't do that with a Range Rover ... you'll need a four-wheel-drive tractor. Oh, he can!" And take my word for it, it wasn't just you being 'little', those Alvis Stalwarts, Scammell Explorers and 8x8 amphibious Tatras were massive to the rest of us as well. Never-to-be-repeated happy days!!!
Back to top Go down
nat_hale

nat_hale

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-10-02

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 3:41 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Strewth, where did those 10 years go Nat? Yep, we woke on a sunny Sunday morning in `97 to the news that Di died in a French underpass (bloody French)

Yeah, remember getting up early that morning to visit for the day with the news on the TV. Very strange, especially as it was very early for me and I wasn't really awake!

Tom Mc wrote:
and then a monsoon decided to pass over the Midlands at about 2pm washing out the entire show and half of the surrounding counties. If you recall lakes instantly formed, it was that bad.

Yeah, I remember we tried to shelter for a while in a beer tent... shame I was only 13 at the time!! Would be an ideal situation now... (oh yeah, that was Billing last year)!!! We went with a family friend who took his Suzuki SJ, and left the lights on all day. I remember his dad getting soaked through doing the honours with the jump leads to get started off my dads Frontera... I remember the sparks and the cursing when he touched the 2 leads together in his haste too!!! Shocked Laughing Ouch or something, I think he said!!! Laughing

Tom Mc wrote:
And take my word for it, it wasn't just you being 'little', those Alvis Stalwarts, Scammell Explorers and 8x8 amphibious Tatras were massive to the rest of us as well. Never-to-be-repeated happy days!!!

Yes, I seem remember watching one of those 6x6 or 8x8's attempting the mud run! Looking at those photo's its hard to imagine that the Camel Disco in one of the pics would only have been a year or 2 old, like the G4's of today!

All the best,
Nat
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
apd2009

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-23

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:07 am

Yes i did need a stiff drink after seeing that name M Briant as I did buy the damp Nissan from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed confused affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SNOW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!!!   SNOW!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SNOW!!!
Page 1 of 1