Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landy Rally Christmas Weekend

Go down 
+10
Badger
Captain Chaos
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
andybloke
Keith Johnson
Potti
cadarn
Sylvia Johnson
Crazy~Johno
Tom Mc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cadarn

cadarn

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:03 pm

As you say it, I've missed them on the "Dutch"list too
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Haven't anything from back Dean & Helen as yet, so until they do ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:05 pm

anyone have a spare floor or sofa :?: me and james cant afford rooms Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 pm

We'll sort you out, you not having to pay is all part of the game. Smile
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:28 am

Hrmph... £29 and £42 for the friday and saturday nights, unless booked together, then it's £84 in total?
bugger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:04 am

andybloke wrote:
Hrmph... £29 and £42 for the friday and saturday nights, unless booked together, then it's £84 in total?
bugger.

Don't understand? First of all, cut out the Friday night as there's no need, arrive Saturday lunchtime, then it'll just be £29 Sat night.

Where are you getting £42 per night from anyway?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:13 am

That's a shame Bling, you'll have to make up for it by joining us in Holland in February. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 am

We'll see how the pennies go - might need to keep them for September!!

D
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:27 am

Tom

Quote :
Where are you getting £42 per night from anyway?

If you visit travel lodge website, Lutterworth is now from £42.00 Rugby which is 9.8 miles away is £29.00
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Hrmph. Leeds City Council won't be getting Council Tax from me this month...

Room booked for the Saturday only.

I did just notice, the website for the place we're supposed to be eating says "The Elms will be closed for refurbishment from now until the 8th June, sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!"

Is this a ploy to keep things 'in the spirit of Landy Rally', where we all turn up late and dirty to find the place closed for the season and not expecting us?

This image is a little worrying, too. They were either still building it (can't see where those bits would go), or there were some really important looking pieces left over when they finished affraid

Yes, I know that's not actually the pub or hotel
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Either that or their waiting for kieran to wire them in and tunr on the christmas lights santa santa santa bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Just curious, this travel lodge in Lutterworth, does it have a late night bar?
I suppose not, as they even dont serve a decent breakfast.
Just to be sure we will take some nice cans with us.
prikkersroom to be cafe
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:08 pm

cadarn wrote:
Just curious, this travel lodge in Lutterworth, does it have a late night bar?

11pm for chucking out of the bar, I expect.
Have never had travelodge complain about taking lots of drink into rooms, though.
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Well, they still be complaining then, lots of drinks there will be. !33 large enough to take some with me cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:23 pm

This is turning into a bit of a party.

bounce bounce bounce

Tom do we need to book space in the pub ? as last year we had a bit of an issue trying to sit together for a meal !

We managed to sink a few last year in someone's room -- I can't quite remember who's. It might have been Dean and Helens ? Kieran and James decided to use that one ! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:37 am

Never fear, Tom is here!

First off, good news that you've booked up Andybloke. Congrats to Leeds City Council for being so understanding. Smile

Second, when I paid a little visit to The Elms last Sunday to confirm what area we required on the 19th December, they say "no problem at all". No mention of building works, closure, nuclear holocaust - although knowing my luck ...

I would suggest you've viewed some archive text Andybloke. As for the photo, The Elms is two buildings away from where Google says. Technology eh? The Travelodge is the long building located to the left of the car park, The Elms is adjacent to the right. It is 100% complete and not "closing for refurbishment from now until the 8th June".

Third and most importantly, it is very much a case of BYO (Bring Your Own) for when the bar shuts. drunken
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:24 am

We still have one very large bottle of Red wine from Val D'Isere - We never opened it either there or in Cafe de Paris as Planned. So bring your own glasses ! drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! drunken

I had completely forgotten about that. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase - Bring a bottle. cheers drunken

LATEST:

4x4 Jamboree
Blood Sweat and Beers
Crazy Monkeys
Diesel Head
Landyprikkers
Monstar
Remember Chernobyl
Slyki Roadrunners

Tom Mc
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:04 pm

I'm in the process of sending out a mass email about the Christmas bash, hopefully you'll receive yours shortly, but just in case I have repeated it here.
NOTE THE SECTION IN RED

Whether a Landy Rally participant past, present or even future, you are hereby invited to attend the …

Held at a central location, you are welcome to join us with family and/or friends for all or part of the weekend.

Saturday 19th December 2009.

10.00 – 16.00

Off-road playday at Sibbertoft 4x4 Centre, Welford Road, Sibbertoft, near husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire LE16 9UJ - 6 miles east of junction 20, M1. Terrain to suit everybody, easy to extreme. £20 play all day regardless of number of passengers. Available at additional cost – quads, clay shooting (POA) - http://www.avalancheadventure.co.uk

18.00 for 18.30 (although more than likely we will begin slipping into the bar from 17.00)
Christmas meal at The Elms pub/restaurant, St John's Business Park, Lutterworth, Leicestershire LE17 4HB.

A menu can be found at http://www.marstonstaverns.co.uk/Home/PlacestoEatandDrink/OurPubs/Elms
First off ignore the line “closed for refurbishment from now until the 8th June” as they still haven’t updated their site since last summer!

Second, at the bottom r/h corner a Christmas Fayre menu is listed @ only £11.99 for 3 courses. If you wish to partake, simply print off the Booking Form and return it to me ASAP (no need to send me the £5 deposit per person - pay me on the night). This is important to book in advance as the Christmas Fayre menu will not be available otherwise. An Autumn Menu is also listed, all of which will be available on the day so no need to book in advance.

Whether partaking in the Christmas Fayre or Autumn Menu, you will simply pay for your own food & drink at the bar – this way there will be no mix up’s when it comes to payment time.

As it also just happens to be Tom Mc’s birthday, the ‘task’ of each person attending will be to present me an appropriate gift bought from a £1 shop! For my part I will have a Christmas pressie wrapped and waiting for every person who attends.

To round off the evening, in the pub after there will be a Landy Rally Pub Quiz with loads of prizes!!!

Sunday 20th December 2009.

10.00 – 16.00

Greenlaning in the Leicestershire area, with of course a traditional Sunday lunch at the local pub. No cost involved apart from buying your own lunch.

The Elms is located directly next to a Travelodge by the way, whose rooms are available via http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/index.php?action=search&check_from=&locationCode=h291&location=Lutterworth+Travelodge&checkInDate=19%2F12%2F2009&checkOutDate=20%2F12%2F2009&no_of_rooms=1&adults_1=2&children_1=0&adults_2=1&children_2=0&adults_3=1&children_3=0&adults_4=1&children_4=0&search=Search

That’s it, hopefully see you there!

If not, then here’s wishing you a Very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:08 am

Tom

Quote :
Slyki Roadrunners

Who are these ?

Looks like they are trying to pinch our team name Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:46 am

Sorry - Sylki Toadrunners - that better?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:12 pm

tom, the sooner we can get this gold rangie the sooner the monstars mobile hotel room gets rolling
we will be there cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Working on it. I thought the Series was already up and running, and when a pair of disc-braked axles become available (via the gold RR or otherwise) you would then swap them?
Back to top Go down
cadarn

cadarn

PostSubject: parts   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:20 pm

If you need any parts, just pm me. I should be able to bring a lot with me, mostly disco or range as I'm going to dismantle my challenge car and a disco, to make a new challenge car. Only problem, not available before our Christmas party
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 5:33 am

kieran wrote:
tom, the sooner we can get this gold rangie the sooner the monstars mobile hotel room gets rolling
we will be there cheers
Told you, the pair of you are all sorted with a bed already. Don't rely on Goldie as it may be a long drawn out affair getting hold of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landy Rally Christmas Weekend   Landy Rally Christmas Weekend - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next