Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driff and Manby Shows

Go down 
+7
Crazy~Johno
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
Sylvia Johnson
Tom Mc
Rally Raiders
VentureOverland
andybloke
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:10 pm

Already spoken to Tom, but I'll be at Driffield with the pest (Cammy) lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:48 am

So, the latest list of those attending LRO Driffield 9-10 May 2009:-

Keiran (LR 2007, LR 2008, LR 2009)
Andybloke (LR 2007, LR 2009)
Fred & Geoff ... and Tango 1 (Mechanical Support Crew in LR 2007, LR 2008, LR 2009)
Bling (LR 2008)
Adam, Kym & Sol (LR 2008)
Tom Mc

Jon of Team VentureOverland (LR 2007, LR 2009) will be on his Trade Stand.

Andy of the X-treme Ass Crew (LR 2007) will be on Doncaster & District Land Rover Club.

Keith & Sylivia of Team Roadrunners (LR 2007, LR 2008, LR 2009) visiting for the day.

As for the Tomb Raider contingent - Jo of Team Rally Raiders (LR 2009) may well be there, same goes for BJ of Team Remember Chernobyl (LR 2007).

Think that's everyone ... who have I forgotten? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:00 am

Quote :
Only got him an orange shirt? I thought you'd have had him sat in his own Series II by now - start as you mean to go on and all that

My nephew's anchoring after a 200tdi 90... He's only 13!

Would it surprise you to know that Kieran's favourite toys as a toddler were a model green Jaguar XJ6,and a small model green and yellow Land Rover (not sure if it was a 90 or a series 3).

Sorry Kieran didn't mean to embarrass you. Embarassed Embarassed

But I don't have room on the drive for an XJ6 !!
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 am

yeah but what did he call his jaguar Laughing Laughing lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:48 pm

Driffield:

Tom Mc wrote:
Keiran (LR 2007, LR 2008, LR 2009)
Andybloke (LR 2007, LR 2009)
Fred & Geoff ... and Tango 1 (Mechanical Support Crew in LR 2007, LR 2008, LR 2009)
Bling (LR 2008)
Adam, Kym & Sol (LR 2008)
Tom Mc

Keith & Sylivia of Team Roadrunners (LR 2007, LR 2008, LR 2009) visiting for the day.

What days are folks turning up?
What's the arrival arrangements?
...any idea where abouts on site we'll be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Those whare going just for the day - which day ?
Back to top Go down
Dan White

Dan White

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:50 am

BUGGER!!!

I've just got back from the seven seas again and because I thought Driffield was last weekend I didn't book!

What's the chances there's still camping space for Nessie?!?! If not I'll day trip from my mates house in York, but the big green sea monster is definitely making an appearance!
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:30 am

andybloke wrote:
Driffield:

What days are folks turning up?
What's the arrival arrangements?
...any idea where abouts on site we'll be?

My plan was to arrive on the Friday evening prob around 8 o'clockish, but depends on when Tom will arrive as he's got the passes - hopefully!

D
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:42 am

Dan White wrote:
BUGGER!!!

I've just got back from the seven seas again and because I thought Driffield was last weekend I didn't book!

What's the chances there's still camping space for Nessie?!?! If not I'll day trip from my mates house in York, but the big green sea monster is definitely making an appearance!

Contact Tom for Club passes.
Last one in gets the spot next to us with the crying baby Smile
Back to top Go down
The slow & dirty gang

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:59 am

as per usual me, adam and sol will be at all land rover shows this year, but driffield is an absolute must, we wont be pitching up on the club stand (tom knows we are top notch blaggers and always getted the cheapest deal available - FREE) but will hopefully see you all there xx
P.S Tom you wont be able to get your head down in our awning im afraid as the dogs will be comiong for the wkend too, and they will not be happy sgaring with a drunken Millwall fan in the early hours of the morning xx
luv ya all
kym xx
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:36 am

No problem me ol' Salty ... that's you BTW Dan! Razz Sent you a PM

Will inform everyone tomorrow (Wed) within this thread about ticket collection for Driffield.

Shame Kym as there was a perfectly good awning sitting there just waiting for my campbed (basically I was just too lazy to erect a tent), but now I know about the dogs, I will definitely bring a tent. Besides, don't want to infect the dogs, they would need tetanus shots after savaging a drunken Millwall fan! Wink
Back to top Go down
VentureOverland

VentureOverland

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:36 am

Tom,
Do you know where your stand is yet? We are in the same place as last year (oposite the main arena and parallel to the main road.

Look forward to seeing you al there...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ventureoverland.com

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:07 am

im hoping to make an appearance,
that depends how uni works shaping up
Smile not too far off now Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Wot? You putting uni first?? Good lad! cheers

Let you know exactly where tomorrow Jon.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:37 am

Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Driffweather

Grrrrrr!
No
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:57 am

... and your point is?

Far too often they get it wrong, so let's hope this is one of those times. Fingers firmly crossed. Besides, looking at those clouds in the photos, they are the same for everyday, thus proving they are only guessing ... it's obvious!

As for those awaiting news of Driffield - sorry folks, other than "tickets for Driffield will be available for collection on the gate from Friday", I couldn't get a definitive answer today regarding positioning ourselves upon arrival. I will definitely find out tomorrow however, then I'll PM all interested parties with the Secret Squirrel codeword for the aforementioned ticket collection; I thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Tom - Have you got a Marquee for the stand ? If so it might be quite busy in there ! (Thats if the weather forcast above is anything to go by !)
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Jon,
Do you have any word from the Spence Family regarding Driff?
I think Hannah may want to meet them!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:29 am

I now finally know about admission/camping at LRO Driffield, so have PM'd all interested parties about the reduced fee for the Landy Rally Club display stand. As I can't publicly announce details over the forum, if there is anyone else who would like to attend, simply PM or phone me and I can let you know instantly.

Due to circumstances beyond my control (what a great 'answer for everything' phrase) I won't be able to get there until approx. 8pm Saturday evening - just about the right time for a wee dinkies I'd say. Very Happy

This being the case, I'm making arrangements for the Landy Rally banner and photo boards to be there by tomorrow (Friday).

... love it when a plan comes together. cheers
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:26 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Due to circumstances beyond my control (what a great 'answer for everything' phrase) I won't be able to get there until approx. 8pm Saturday evening - just about the right time for a wee dinkies I'd say. Very Happy
...and only 8 hours late for the Noon in the Beer Tent meetup!
I know it's not really needed, what with there being a Landy Rally stand and all, but it's tradition to start drinkingmeet up in the beer tent at Noon.

Is anyone else going to be there on Friday evening, or is it just Bling and ourselves? I hope to get to site between 6 and 8 ... assuming I can escape from work early, Red works, etc...
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:50 am

I know, not like me at all. Nothing to stop you lot meeting up at noon though; any excuse an' all that.

Besides yourself, Hannah and Lucas - and Bling of course, as far as I know Fred & Geoff will be there on Friday, as will Dan who you've yet to meet. Hopefully I will be able to confirm arrival times with them tonight.

... plus of course Jon & Ellie will be on the VentureOverland trade stand (hopefully with Paul & Michelle of the Spence Family) Andy of the X-treme Ass Crew can be found on the Doncaster & District Land Rover Club stand, and don't forget Adam & Kym will be on the dogging stand ... the stand where you'll find lots of doggies! Twisted Evil

As I understand it, Keith & Sylvia will be there just as day visitors - Sat or Sun, not sure which day - but unfortunately because of his Uni studies, Kieran may not make it at all. We'll see.

Nearly forgot. In the autojumble section will be James (Kieran's room-mate at Uni) with his dad - he will have his red Landy on his pitch. The intention is to sell off all the ol' Range Rover tat that Kieran & James have been accumulating over the past month. Make certain you say hello to James as he will be playing a vital rôle in this year's Landy Rally. Intriguing eh? All will be revealed anon! bounce
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:09 am

I won't be leaving until Cammy is out of school and I've tied up loose ends with work, so hopefully if I get away about 4 o'clock I should get to Driffield around 8.30ish unless we stop for a feed on the way down Laughing

Andybloke - Can you PM me your phone number as I seem to have mislaid it, and I'll do the same.

D
Back to top Go down
Dan White

Dan White

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Yep, I'll be up there before it gets dark tomorrow, banners etc in hand. Currently there is a gaping hole in the dash where all the switches and radio used to be and I am not driving all the way from hereford to yorkshire without a radio so as soon as its fixed i'll be on the road.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:04 am

Yay - Boss has given me the afternoon off, so I might get to Driff before dark, too.

cheers

Booo! - Boss has given me my notice letter. Only 28 days of employment left.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Dan called in to my place on the way to Driffield. His dash was all back together okay and the radio was working, but "why bother I asked?" The darn thing was tuned in to Radio 1 for heaven's sake. Obviously he didn't want to listen to music. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driff and Manby Shows
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next