Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driff and Manby Shows

Go down 
+7
Crazy~Johno
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
Sylvia Johnson
Tom Mc
Rally Raiders
VentureOverland
andybloke
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:56 am

PROPER STATION Laughing
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:09 am

kieran wrote:
PROPER STATION Laughing

I'd slap you for that if you were here.

Lots of interest in the event so far, lots of postcards handed out, lots of people due to check out the website.

Tom finally arrived around 10pm after being delayed by circumstances beyond his control (He wanted to watch the football), and finally went to bed 2 hours ago, so I'm not expecting to see much of him this morning either.

Anyone else turning up today?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:19 am

ive brought a electric hook up for pinky to make up for not going to the show, not bad for £2:lol:

sorry andy, i only ever listen to the live lounge because its interesting, other wise i stick to my ipod Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:30 pm

kieran wrote:

sorry andy, i only ever listen to the live lounge because its interesting, other wise i stick to my ipod Laughing

isnt that the only radio station you can find out your way Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Quote :
are you going to turn your phone on?MARC

no we cant even get that but i can get high peak fm which to be fair is poo
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:08 pm

kieran wrote:
Quote :

no we cant even get that but i can get high peak fm which to be fair is poo

it was flat, not many electric sockets at holymoorside off road site, plug it into the tree?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:50 am

I have to say that i found the LRO Driffield Shows knackering! While Andybloke/Hannah/Lucas, Bling and Dan did a great job manning the stand daytime Sat, I didn't arrive until 10pm. A little dinkies in Adam & Kym's caravan (Team Slow 'n' Dirty) with Bling (Bling 'n' Well Up For It) and James (part of the Monstar crew) and Dan (Rally Raiders) until the early hours ensured we slept extremely well. Laughing

Next day I spent handing out flyers in the entire campsite and trade areas. Also saw Lu & Tweedie (Team T'n'T) + Andy (Extreme Ass Crew) + Jon (VentureOverland) + BJ (Remember Chernobyl!) + Keith/Syliva (Sylki Road Runners).

Again, thanks everyone for all the help - especially Andybloke/Bling/Dan for providing the cover ... that's the gazebo AND the physical presence.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:56 am

kieran wrote:
Quote :

5 points to anyone who finds the source of the quote, or understands it in context.
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:16 am

Oh, forgot to mention...

http://www.chernobylrally.org/stuff/ChrisEvansRadio2May8th2009.mp3

... we (Hannah, Lucas, Red and myself) were mentioned on Radio 2 on Friday.

Last edited by andybloke on Mon May 11, 2009 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:05 am

Fantastic - it's 20 seconds more than any of the rest of us got!! well done Hannah! lol! lol!

The weekend was good- great to see lots of people again - saw everyone Tom mentioned above and on Saturday before Tom arrived we also saw Paul & Phillipa from "Northern Rivals" so not a bad turnout of Landy Ralliers!

Having drank Adam and Kym's caravan dry of lager - (and then cider!), we all left and myself, Cammy (yes he was still up Laughing ) and Dan headed back to the tents at 4am, leaving Tom and James going for a wander to see if they could find anybody else still mad enough to be up!!!! drunken drunken drunken

thanks to Dan for taking myself and Cammy round the off road course with him Very Happy

Overall a good weekend with lots of people showing genuine interest for Sept.

D
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
hannaH

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:14 am

Well, hello everyone.

Just wanted to say how nice it was to meet everyone over the weekend at Driffield. I may not yet be a total Landy convert, but thanks to the weather, an extremely well behaved Lucas, bacon, sausages, beer and good company, I had a thoroughly good time!

No doubt Lucas and I will see you all again at some point. Weather dependent, I think we are tagging along to a show in Manby...in June? I am not a complete weather wuss..but it would be no fun at all in the rain with Lucas.

We will try not to let the fame that comes from being mentioned on Drivetime Radio 2 go to our heads!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Nice one Hannah, and by the sound of it Mr Evans also drives a Land Rover - a V8 apparently. Mmmm, wonder if he's ever been to the Alps/Pyrenees?
Back to top Go down
Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Bling 'n' well up 4 it

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Nice one Hannah, and by the sound of it Mr Evans also drives a Land Rover - a V8 apparently. Mmmm, wonder if he's ever been to the Alps/Pyrenees?

Get a leaflet in the post to him at Radio 2 lol! - just think of the advertising you'd get if decided to go!!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chas.com
Dan White

Dan White

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Same here, it's brilliant to put loads of faces to forum names and get more involved in the rally, including manning the stand and explaining all about it even though I've never been!

<==== First proper swim for Nessie too!
Back to top Go down
Sylvia Johnson

Sylvia Johnson

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi there

Really good to meet up with lots of friendly faces again - thats what Landy Rally does for you. Nice to put a face to Dan and Nessie as well - Have fun on the high seas.

And Hannah you are so brave taking Lucas camping at his tender age !

We managed a caravan when K was about 4 for a long weekend but they were about 7 before we risked a tent or two. Anyway I look forward to meeting you all again soon.

DD tells me we are off to Eastnor for at least a day. At least this time we'll only have one TD200i in Lenny. Engine has made it back to our garage now for the next phase of "breath life into Pinky" project. Quick get the kettle on for a gallon or two of tea.
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:42 pm

andybloke wrote:
Oh, forgot to mention...

http://www.chernobylrally.org/stuff/ChrisEvansRadio2May8th2009.mp3

... we (Hannah, Lucas, Red and myself) were mentioned on Radio 2 on Friday.

Cool mention - well done!

Sorry to hear about your job Andybloke - anything else on the horizon?

Was great to see everyone at Driffield - especially Lucas! Our Disco (Pandora) had two mud baths too!

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Lu and Tweedie wrote:
Cool mention - well done!

Sorry to hear about your job Andybloke - anything else on the horizon?

We'll try and get Landy Rally mentioned on the way to Manby Smile

Nothing on the job front at the moment, but working on some new projects with current employer (just need to get one more sale!), working on the CV and making sure everyone I've worked with in the past know's I'm looking for work again.
Something will turn up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:49 pm

best of luck Andy B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driff and Manby Shows   Driff and Manby Shows - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driff and Manby Shows
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3