Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

its time, bulkhead

Go down 
+10
LuckyTrucker
Monstar - Sylvia
nat_hale
VentureOverland
The Lamb Chops
andybloke
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
Tom Mc
bofa bill
Crazy~Johno
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:02 pm

WHAT A NIGHT!!!
spent most of the day preparing the gearbox and doing some other minor jobs aswell as watching ireland win boxing in the olympics
then at 7 steve came and we all jumped in and started the process
everything went really smoothly and well, we hung the gearbox off a wire cable suspended using the hi-lift jack across the seating, and various axle stands pulling and pushing then i turned into the jack man as we manuvered it back into place. out came the flood lights then a knock on the window from the mother saying its past mid night are you done yet affraid we finnished about quarter to 1

and thats the crank seal changed, we left the clucth plate in as it seemed un worn and to be a good brand of clutch, the trust bearing was changed as it looked in poor condition.
yay bed time
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:05 am

Noo ah ken where I haiv been going wrong all these years.
Working 'ALL NEET' means finishing at 0045hrs.

mmm thanx for that Kieran.

(glad that ye got the work done tho.
Shame ye couldnae manage a 'FULL' neet shift.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:55 am

had been going since 10 in the morning, think thats a little longer than one night shift, am i right? Shocked

blooming rain, i was jsut about to go underneath and put it all back togather and change a couple of seals, and now its a swamp Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:58 pm

Still doing the Road Book. Went to bed this morning at 5.30am and got up at 9.15am - does that count as a night shift?
Back to top Go down
Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:17 pm

sounds quite normal for you Tom, only you missed out the copious amounts of alcohol that were consumed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:51 pm

im sure youve gota be nocturnal tom,
tom, beer, nahh

i might turn nocturnal tomorrow to get pinky done to accept stu's offer of a beer on saturday
Laughing

managed to get a couple more things done tonight the grill is screwed on cheers

the gear box is now all fastened in and the gears now select differant gears which is good, tomorrow i have a big list to get done,
electrics,
winscreen
both doors
floors and transmission tunnel
one rear hub left to fit new brake shoes and seal to,
transfer box seal and felt o-ring to fit,
exaust to put back
prop shafts to fit,
bulkhead to adjust slightly to fit properly
dash board to fit
wings to bolt back togather and onto bulkhead
bonnet to fit
clutch and brakes to plumb in
and finally seats and gear knobs to screw on

hmm, might need the flood lights again.
dont know what else to say apart from thanks to steve ( mud-club )again,
heres some pictures ...
heres the inside of the least severe leak on one of the back hubs, never seen copper grease used in bearings before scratch it wasnt me
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1020
even the police came to look as i was stood on the roof with hammer in one hand and knife in the other Laughing fitting my number plate, unfortunatly next door had been broken into on tuesday night, didnt here a thing affraid
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1021
heres how we supported the main weight of the gearbox/transferbox
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1022
theres one of them fast comfy things, a lifted ragie, ( this bits of interest to TOM ) think it was a 2 inch lift with a 1 and a half inch body lift to fit in the size tyres you brought ( 235/85/16 )
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1023
affraid how do you mean theres mud in there too,
the leaky seal, fortunatly the clutch was decent make and is still in good condition so we left it in ( anyhow it had only done between 16 and 20 thousand mailes since a rebuild )
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1024
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1025
and heres the "little" rainy thundery shower we had today, the ground was really dry before that with dusty sand all over the ground that turned into a swamp in no time at all ...
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1026

flippin southeners sending there gods hate up north Evil or Very Mad

but it gave me enough time to play with fibre glass then paint then watch england beat america in the relay cheers
cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:21 pm

yeah - hasn't the weather been crazy recently.
Arrived at work soaking wet today .... which was a tad annoying, as I was driving. Apparently Red's roof leaks!

I notice you have a large number of jobs to do, including "electrics" ... but "Fit fire extinguisher" isn't on the list Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:30 pm

well, the list didn't go entirly according to plan Sad

rear brake cylinder is seized, still no sill on drivers side although its nearly done, electrics are miles away from being close to done and i havnt managed to connect the right wires together to turn over the engine yet, and still no doors

busy day tomorrow if im to make the jumble

on the bright side, prop shafts and transfer seal is done, wings are almost back together, passenger floor is in and th musical horn works cheers

Last edited by kieran on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Yep ... I'm nocturnal although the ol' eye lids are getting a bit heavy tonight or should I say 'this morning'). :cyclops: :cyclops:

Time for beddie byes I reckon. Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:56 pm

i guess the bad news is im still here Evil or Very Mad

the simple way to put it is ... pale

well we got off to a good start at 7 this morning well we had breakfast then Laughing and dad went off to paddocks to get the break servo needed.
in fact by dinner time we were on target to be done and set off to landy jumble at about 6

but then electrics stopped us once again Evil or Very Mad onething after another
starter motor earth and feed from ignition didnt work, then the fuel cut off wasnt connected and when it was it finnally fired up the engie yay,

started to bleed th clutch and then that started leaking around the cylinder and then it started to go drk andstart raining Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
just not fun Evil or Very Mad

so pinky's missed its first of two test runs, and ive missed my night away

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Lu and Tweedie

Lu and Tweedie

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 9:29 am

Keep going Kieran - you can do it! cheers

Lu :bom:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/tntlandyrallyteam
Monstar - Sylvia

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Good news - Pinky now has a full set of doors, bonnet etc and finally no tarpaulin. Kieran is almost smiling again. Still a few things to do - minor details like the tail lights don't work etc etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:56 pm

Very Happy
ive just driven successfully to asda, all be it feeling like i was driving a series 2
exaust rattles and various bits of electronics dont work but all the lights do

im very happy Very Happy
still a long way to go, but this was a major mile stone cheers
Back to top Go down
loncbt

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:45 pm

Well done Kieran m8 :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:
Back to top Go down
http://www.swporc.co.uk
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:49 pm

kieran wrote:
various bits of electronics dont work but all the lights do

Miswired ground?

Very envious.... I'm in a hotel Caerphilly with only a mobile phone with a bad signal for internet access ... would much rather have been rebuilding land rovers than wasting time in Wales with a customer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:57 pm

Huh, bloody cheek if you ask me, taking up your valuable and let's face it 'quality Land Rover time'!

What a result, all the way to Asda un-aided. cheers Mind you, there was no mention of if you made it back under your own steam. Go Johnsons, you can do it!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:34 am

yhup we made it back under pinkys own power,
ive just bin out and bought a big red button to start the engine with Laughing

the indicaters are fine if you turn left but turn right and you have to steer, hold the indicator and change down gear as well as concentrate on the car in front
must figure out how to wire up the temperature and fuel gauge as its telling me its cold and empty
then i have to reconect andyblokes wiring to have fully working roof features
i think then thats possibly it
ahh yes the heater to i must work out which wires to turn it on
there finally is a light at the end of the tunnel which is perhaps just aswell seeing as theres 13 days left Laughing untill i leave for calais

cheers for all your help and support cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:56 am

i spoke too soon there pale :suspect: Evil or Very Mad
the light at the end of the tunnel was actually a train coming the other way,
just after i posted the last post i walked outside to talk to marc while washing his car and he said is that spost to be leaking like that? i looked underneath and there was a puddle about the size of a small pizza coming from the bell housing

ANYONE ANY IDEAS??? im all out
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:27 am

pizza Very Happy

Last edited by Crazy~Johno on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cheese is orange)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:11 pm

It looks like its a gearbox out again affraid The leak is clearly from the rear crankshaft. Last time it took us about 6 hours to take the box out and then replace the seal. We can probably do it quicker now but why is the new seal leaking ..... Watch this space and wait for the next installment this WILL be sorted in time but it is adding a liitle pressure. See you all in Calais Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnsonhq.net
nat_hale

nat_hale

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Well done Kieran (and all the other poor sod's he's dragged into it!! Laughing ), glad to hear it resembles a Land Rover again!! I hope the 'teething troubles' are sorted fairly easily, I'm sure it'll be ready for Europe soon!

kieran wrote:
ive just bin out and bought a big red button to start the engine with Laughing

Well thats good, at least you're prioritising the jobs!! I've heard it makes the engine start better?!! :?: Rolling Eyes :cyclops: :clown: Anyway, every Land Rover needs a big red push button!! Laughing Wink Laughing

Despite the set backs, its good to see you find time to update this thread, interesting following the trials and tribulations!!

All the best,
Nat
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:17 pm

Time to contact the experts! Give 'The Pirate' a bell, he'll point you in the right direction.

Not just a pretty face - who said "not even" - Dom runs Apricot Motors Ltd. over in Bristol. Don't get too excited Bill, I'm taking about Bristol city, not ...

The Pirate's number is 01454 777544 or www.apricotmotorsltd.co.uk

GOOD LUCK KIERAN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:24 pm

heres an update in pictures to cover the last couple of stages,
quick drive, i mean thanks marc for doing the steering damper bushes for me:cheers:
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1027
pinky can fly ...
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1028

todays kick in the teeth ...
its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Dscf1029

cheers tom!!!! ive just rang him and he will ring back in 10 mins
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:36 pm

your welcome mr K, its that receding hair line and the martin side partin Shocked i hope you realise some pikey stole your wheels.... :afro: :king:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Best of luck from all at TV4X4 Club Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

its time, bulkhead
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next