Landy Rally
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landy Rally

European 4x4 Charity Drive

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

its time, bulkhead

Go down 
+10
LuckyTrucker
Monstar - Sylvia
nat_hale
VentureOverland
The Lamb Chops
andybloke
Bling 'n' well up 4 it
Tom Mc
bofa bill
Crazy~Johno
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Lamb Chops

The Lamb Chops

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-06-12

its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:00 pm

It does seem to have been subject of some 'reverse engineering' at the mo.................. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:42 am

the welding is all done Very Happy

now im going to waxyoil the chassy around the area where the bulkhead is going to go.
bulkhead will be going back in either tonight or monday and mr welder is going to give us a hand with the crank seal as he has powertools Twisted Evil

cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
The Lamb Chops

The Lamb Chops

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:24 pm

Good luck Kieran!!

(100th post!!!! )
Back to top Go down
LuckyTrucker

LuckyTrucker

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-04-19

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:26 pm

Best of luck buddy, don't drop it on your head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tv4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

Number of posts : 3925
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:25 pm

Yeah, don't want to dent the bulkhead on an airhead! Well he is blonde!

Mmmmmmeeeeeeoooooowwwwww!!!!!!! :cat: :cat: :cat:

100 up already! That last post was Kieran's 900th BTW. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 pm

yay 900
oooo bit ta muck ta drank drunken
what time is it?

( bill talking cheers )
Back to top Go down
Monstar - Sylvia

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:14 pm

well now us Mansfield people can look forward to a quiet weekend. Kieran has gone to see Uncle Tom and Uncle Bill bounce bounce bounce

With bulkhead still in the garage and only 24 days to the ferry departing. Anyone got a spare seat or 4 ??

Tom, Bill hope you have a good weekend !!

Sylvia
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Gee thanks mum, we had to put up with 'conehead' all weekend. Decided to let him drive the Rangie in the Central Arena Time Trial, anything to give us 5 minutes peace! silent
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:40 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Gee thanks mum, we had to put up with 'conehead' all weekend. Decided to let him drive the Rangie in the Central Arena Time Trial, anything to give us 5 minutes peace! silent

Did the electrics survive?
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernobylrally.org
bofa bill

bofa bill

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 am

Dunno bout the electrics but 'K' had a 'spark' in his eyes and a shorting in his groin after takin the lassie roon the course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bofa4x4.com

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:38 pm

no idea what you mean bill Embarassed Laughing

cheers for letting me loose tom!!

right i really must display my thanks to a friend ( sam fox ) because without him i wouldnt have been motivated much today after a fun but long weekend.

the good news is that there is now a bulkhead firmlyish bolted to pinky after alot of kicking swearing and gentle persuasion, all painted in undercoat and soon to be waxyoiled underneath.

some more good news i have a friend coming on wednesday who has alot of powertools and knowledge with land rovers and we are going to tackle the crank seal problem head on.

tomorrow holds ...
connecting the bits to the engine side of the bulkhead and connecting basic wires up and testing them in the only way i know how MORE POWER,
actually thats a lie, i must concentrate on the battery box and get rid of the holes in that and the generally serious rust
refurb the hubs at the rear
fit the new reversing light ( paddocks do not have a date for when they will get some new switches in so ill have to put up with dimness for longer
disconnect propshafts and fit new seal/felt o-ring while at it,
rebuild front end ( bumper and grill and the panel that holds that on )

the only bad news to come from today was scarey, the seat best mount bolts ahad pulled throught their holes and the other bolts holding the seat beat on where only connected to the sill which was half connected by the rusted through bolts ( that was the drivers side, made me feel safe
pale ) the passenger side is showing signs of this aswell, HOW DID IT PASS AN MOT???? it clearly is more than 6 months worth of corrosion but no mention at MOT

kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Organiser
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Know what you mean. Although we all curse them, personally I'm rather glad of them as it makes me repair/renovate/renew essential bits and bobs I normally would let go for another week - month - year!

Bit slack in your case though. Me, I swear by seatbelts as I would have been a gonner 37 years ago if it was not for one of those little beauties - FACT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:30 pm

sorry forgot the photo's :suspect:
a certain gazebo makes a nice flag pole..
its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Dscf1019
this is easy ...
its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Dscf2910
ok maybe not so...
its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Dscf2911
its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Dscf2912
ooooops Embarassed Evil or Very Mad
its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Dscf2913
YAY its in Smile Sad Smile
its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Dscf2914

the northern weather called an end to goings on tonight as a sudden monsoon soaked us all with no warning Evil or Very Mad
its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Dscf2915
Back to top Go down
Monstar - Sylvia

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Glad my photos turned out ok but where's my camera now !!!

Mum

PS I can now see a bit of space in the garage again ! perhaps our old car will be able to squeeze back in one day ????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:58 pm

not just yet,
may still have things like the old bulkhead to strip down, the rear windows of pinky if i ever get round to doing that bit
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:45 am

kieran wrote:

the only bad news to come from today was scarey, the seat best mount bolts ahad pulled throught their holes and the other bolts holding the seat beat on where only connected to the sill which was half connected by the rusted through bolts ( that was the drivers side, made me feel safe
pale ) the passenger side is showing signs of this aswell, HOW DID IT PASS AN MOT???? it clearly is more than 6 months worth of corrosion but no mention at MOT

I found that the driver side belt was only held in place by the underseal that used to be on the metal that the belt used to be bolted to. That made it through the MOT because it had rusted away from above, so underneith, the underseal looked fine and there was no sign of rust (which should have been a clue, really!). MoT testers aren't allowed to pull very hard on the belts, so the carpet was strong enough to give the appearance of a working belt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:02 pm

things felt like they moved no where today Evil or Very Mad
stripped down one of the rear hubs to find the grease was like rubber and the brake pads were soaked in grease/oil. i have replaced pads, bearings and seals and now im stuck with how to adjust the brakes, if anyone has a diagram on how to do this then it would be handy, i can find a bolt on the rear that looks like it could possibly be a adjuster but when i looked on the inside there was a sort of off centre circle bolted to it that spun round scratch i get the feeling that its spost to be connected

we dont need selt belts any way, the dash board is slightly spongy Laughing

cheers
kieran
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:32 pm

The brakes are adjustable?
Back to top Go down
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:29 pm

andybloke wrote:

aye that they are.

Foot on peddle and press.
want to stop?

Jist press harder.
yer foot actions adjust automaticly the actual brakes at the wheels.

rather up to date these Landies ye ken
Back to top Go down
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:51 pm

bofa bill wrote:
andybloke wrote:

aye that they are.

Super ..... do they have a volume control, too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:59 pm

yeah, but its a limeted volume control in the form of a big tank that goes quiet when its empty
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:04 pm

yeah you press the famous landy louder pedal (all other vehicles this is known as the faster pedal!) Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy santa santa santa rendeer :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
andybloke
Admin
andybloke

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:13 pm

Crazy~Johno wrote:
yeah you press the famous landy louder pedal (all other vehicles this is known as the faster pedal!) Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy santa santa santa rendeer :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Oh, I've got a Faster pedal, too.... the one on the left? Only works when you're pointing downhill?
Back to top Go down
Crazy~Johno

Crazy~Johno

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:35 pm

yeah thats it :face: :face:
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rally-monstars
bofa bill

bofa bill

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:49 pm

'SO' when we are oan the autobahn and over the CB we hear 'Pedal to the metal troops'

WHAT DO WE DO????

(look for radio 2?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its time, bulkhead   its time, bulkhead - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

its time, bulkhead
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next